• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the one book you are waiting on.....for the right price.
3 3

89 posts in this topic

Just now, The Resurrection said:

Nope, only key in the 200-500 run that really never presented itself at the right time. Has to be at least 8.5

my brain is spotty sometimes lol

ever find a coc 19?

I'm still hoping for a reasonable price on a pile of pch,but that ship has sailed.

4 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

my brain is spotty sometimes lol

ever find a coc 19?

I'm still hoping for a reasonable price on a pile of pch,but that ship has sailed.

I have had mine for YEARS. I have a Harvey File copy 7.0 or 7.5 I forget

9 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I wish it were as simple as one book.

Probably the one I'm lurking the most on currently, waiting for the floor to drop out, is TOS 50.  I mean come on - how long ago was that movie?  And it wasn't even the real Mandarin.

Based on the movie portrayal of Mandarin, the price on ToS 50 should have tanked!

Right now I'm needing Spidey 121&122 theyre just too much.I think in current perspective they're not even relevant. Gwen's not dead.goblins not dead.why do they, 121 mostly keep rising? I've seen it mentioned before,today's generation of collectors and the next won't see these books as special as they seem to us.I could of bought a set a few years ago for $25 in low grade,now same would be well over $100.my hand will probably grow onto my waiting but so be it.I'll wait.

Action #1, however, I am rather certain that boat has sailed.  Turned down a lot of copies over the years thinking I could just pick it up a little later.  Unfortunately a little later and price went through the roof, sky, and beyond.

After that I would say Suspense Comics #3.  Seems if the boat hasn't sailed on this one, it certainly has moved away from the easy shore line.

For me it's ASM slabs.  I am only a recent slab collector and the issues that are on my radar are #13 (1st mysterio), #20 (1st scorpion), and of course #50.  They are doable in the mid grades that I collect, but I just can't seem to let go of the money.  My wife is always in my head. :ohnoez:

Edited by Spidey 62

A year ago I traded my ASM 300 for a nice looking ASM 28.  My logic was I had seen more 300's around and that I would be able to replace it whenever I got a little cash.  That turned out to be a pretty huge blunder.  Around that same time I did that with my NM 98 for a really nice Iron Fist 14 for the same reason.  Although I still like what I have, both the 300 and the 98 show zero signs of ever becoming "reasonably priced" despite the high volume of copies out there.  Luckily, I held on to my NM 87.

26 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

waiting for it to get more expensive??

I'm trying to find the right mid grade copy.  There are a couple of JIM 83's in the Heritage Auction so we'll see...

Not just one.

Too many at currently inflated prices that I'm not willing to pay.

It would be a pity if I never acquired them, but compared to being persistently gouged by speculation it's the lesser of two evils.