• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The List from the Sid's Luncheonette 100

45 posts in this topic

Hmmmm.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Not really sure how this Pedigree thing works. I wanted a Burntboy book and it looks like the Batman #148 is what caught my eye and fit my wallet. Pedigree is a good site but certainly lacking in instructions. Couldn't find anything about shipping costs. I didn't see anywhere anything about how if I bid it needs to be accepted before it can be confirmed. confused.gif I guess I sit and wait now? Well, Harry or Doug or whoever, I guess someone needs to "accept" my Buy It Now bid, then I guess I'll be contacted. Hmmm... I guess I'm just used to the Ebay way which seems alot simpler and more logical to me.

Well, Harry or Doug or whoever, I guess someone needs to "accept" my Buy It Now bid, then I guess I'll be contacted. Hmmm... I guess I'm just used to the Ebay way which seems alot simpler and more logical to me.

eBay is an auction site, Pedigree is a consignment site, hence the difference. If you bid the full asking price, then you should be getting a confirm at some point that your bid has been accepted. If it was less, then you`ll have to wait to see if your bid price was accepted or if Harry makes a counteroffer to you. Patience, Sid, patience.

Well, Harry or Doug or whoever, I guess someone needs to "accept" my Buy It Now bid, then I guess I'll be contacted. Hmmm... I guess I'm just used to the Ebay way which seems alot simpler and more logical to me.

eBay is an auction site, Pedigree is a consignment site, hence the difference. If you bid the full asking price, then you should be getting a confirm at some point that your bid has been accepted. If it was less, then you`ll have to wait to see if your bid price was accepted or if Harry makes a counteroffer to you. Patience, Sid, patience.

Thanks Tim, it is very hard to find any answers on that site. I did bid the full price on the Bats #148 last night, BUY IT NOW, same as Ebay. But yes, I am used to dealing with Ebay and this is the first time I have used any other site for a major comic purchase. Still no confirmation though, I guess nobody has checked the system or their e-mails since last night. I am patient, just not used to this service and it is not explained on the site, or at least I couldn't find it. If it was explained somewhere, I'd know what to expect, but without talking to anybody, and simply going by what is available on the site alone, I'm kind of in the dark.

Oh well, guess I'll just go have lunch while I wait, in the luncheonette here where I work. -------Sid smirk.gif

Thanks Tim, it is very hard to find any answers on that site. I did bid the full price on the Bats #148 last night, BUY IT NOW, same as Ebay. But yes, I am used to dealing with Ebay and this is the first time I have used any other site for a major comic purchase. Still no confirmation though, I guess nobody has checked the system or their e-mails since last night. I am patient, just not used to this service and it is not explained on the site, or at least I couldn't find it. If it was explained somewhere, I'd know what to expect, but without talking to anybody, and simply going by what is available on the site alone, I'm kind of in the dark.

Oh well, guess I'll just go have lunch while I wait, in the luncheonette here where I work. -------Sid smirk.gif

Doug uses Fedex for shipping, which he charges about $20 for this.

So then books never sell for less than the full asking price? Why have a bid box at all? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif To bid higher than asking only?

So then books never sell for less than the full asking price? Why have a bid box at all? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif To bid higher than asking only?

Huh? How did you get this from my post? If you bid less than the listed asking price, you`ll be notified if your bid was accepted or if the seller makes a counteroffer to you. I think if you don`t hear anything at all, it means your bid was rejected.

Some sellers won`t accept anything less than the full asking price. Others will accept lesser bids. If you go to the Pedigree site, you`ll see that there are quite a few sales where the final price is less than the original asking price. But why am I acting as Doug`s customer service rep here?

Sid, if you haven`t heard anything by now, shoot a PM to Harry to see whether the system has notified him of your BIN and if so, tell him to get off his duff and accept it already! grin.gif

Sid, if you haven`t heard anything by now, shoot a PM to Harry to see whether the system has notified him of your BIN and if so, tell him to get off his duff and accept it already! grin.gif

Thanks Tim, I just did. It's been almost 24 hours now and I've heard nothing. I don't know if that is normal or not. In my opinion, if you bid the Buy It Now price, you should be able to automatically pay for it then and there as long as there are no complications or questions about shipping price. Again, I'm just used to the Ebay way.

Thanks Tim, I just did. It's been almost 24 hours now and I've heard nothing. I don't know if that is normal or not. In my opinion, if you bid the Buy It Now price, you should be able to automatically pay for it then and there as long as there are no complications or questions about shipping price. Again, I'm just used to the Ebay way.

Since Doug takes possession of the books before he lists them on his site (unlike Josh who does not always have the consigned books in his possession), and therefore there`s no reason why a BIN should not be accepted, I would agree with you. Have you emailed (not PM) Doug? He`s usually very responsive. Also, what does the website show with respect to the book that you placed your bid on?

Tim, good idea, I'll e-mail Doug as well. In the detail section of my Pedigree account it says Your Bid Is Pending, and it is at $250, the list price. I think they are just slow. confused-smiley-013.gif

Flash #140 as well acclaim.gif

Couldn't resist. I took my first breath of air the same month as the cover date. cloud9.gif

BUT, still a no-show on the PMs and e-mails. I guess they are busy selling comics. sleeping.gif

Steve,

You wouldn't believe how tight CGC graded these copies. I've listed 40 so far and at least half (in my mind) were slightly undergraded (9.5 to a 9.4) or a full grade undergraded (8.5, thought it should be a 9.0, etc.). Maybe it's because they're early DC's or something but these books are unbelievably fresh and for the most part, defect-free. Harry really knew how to store his books. also, the colors are very bright. Just an amazing group of books.

Patience, Bass, patience. I list these books at 12:00 (sometimes closer to 1:00) a.m. and don't get the bids till the next morning. sorry about that. If I get a buy it now or winning bid I send out the confirmation emails right away.

Doug

Sid, I`ve put in a bid on a book, received a counterbid and accepted it already.
frustrated.gif

Well, I`m still waiting on the email containing payment details, if that will make you feel any better. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sid, I`ve put in a bid on a book, received a counterbid and accepted it already.
frustrated.gif

Well, I`m still waiting on the email containing payment details, if that will make you feel any better. confused-smiley-013.gif

Got all my e-mails and confirmations this morning. Thanks Harry and Doug! Thanks Tim for the help. thumbsup2.gif

Got all my e-mails and confirmations this morning. Thanks Harry and Doug! Thanks Tim for the help. thumbsup2.gif

Congrats Sid - that happened to be the book I selected as well (to fit within my budget) blush.gif And yes, I received a bid declined notice, probably simultaneous with your acceptance.

It appears that Harry is doing quite well . . . thumbsup2.gif