• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay issue and I am seeking some advice
1 1

69 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

Why would I want to or why should I have to pay for a PO Box, drive to the post office every week...

Also, a lot of eBay sellers do not ship to PO boxes.

Getting tired just thinking about it, No Thanks.

I 100% agree you should not need to but after even 1 year I would do anything possible to make sure my valuable packages got delivered properly.  PO Box sounds like a hassle but if I lost just 1 box I'd be signing up for 1 the next day.  Just me.

6 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
2 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

Why would I want to or why should I have to pay for a PO Box, drive to the post office every week...

Also, a lot of eBay sellers do not ship to PO boxes.

Getting tired just thinking about it, No Thanks.

I 100% agree you should not need to but after even 1 year I would do anything possible to make sure my valuable packages got delivered properly.  PO Box sounds like a hassle but if I lost just 1 box I'd be signing up for 1 the next day.  Just me.

I know the discussion relates to faulty apartment complex addresses/mailboxes, but there are lockable mail boxes for people who do have home street delivery.

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

just to comment:

if you are dealing with lost (stolen) mail/parcels the p.o.box won't help either.

Just now, Artboy99 said:

just to comment:

if you are dealing with lost (stolen) mail/parcels the p.o.box won't help either.

In his case I'd think it would help just as well as sending the packages to his sons house.  In your case - no.  If the address is a PO Box or an address makes no difference if someone says a box never got to them.

On 11/15/2017 at 2:54 PM, Artboy99 said:

As a seller I have had that happen to me as well. I sent a 9.4 grade copy of Captain Marvel 33 ( Thanos cover ) that the buyer sent back "condition not as described" and he sent back a fine copy. Switched books.

This is why small sellers or the average person shouldn't be using eBay. It's what I tell people when they ask me if they should sell on eBay. They only want stores and to keep buyers purchasing. Scams are simply the "cost of business" on eBay. But someone that's not a store with insurance or a lot of income can't take that loss. eBay won't care. They will continue to let buyers scam if not blatantly steal from sellers. Their policies allow it. All you have to do is say damaged or not as described and you get a free return. It doesn't matter if the seller says no returns. Then you can return a different item or no item at all. And of course without seller feedback for buyers, future sellers will never know if a buyer did a scam in the past.

I'm curious how this issue will turn out though. But I personally don't sell on eBay anymore. I can't support their business practices.

Edited by GeneticNinja

On 11/16/2017 at 3:30 PM, Jimmy Linguini said:

Just a FYI

The global shipping program repackages items. They take out cardboard and replace it with what ever this is to keep the weight down.

5a0df5590f3c1_ScreenShot2017-11-16at3_29_35PM.png.0c782510e8ec295d43445576741a7dd0.png

Horrendous... I just shipped out 5 Funkos in a box within a box to Australia for around $400.  Let's see what they do.   Pics are how I wrapped them.  I had five in an original funko box.  Bubble to make up the sixth slot and then another box with packing peanuts around it. 

Either way... after the last two drama experiences with international sales, if this does not work then I am cutting off international sales altogether. 

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

22 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Getting off topic...

The point was/is that just because Delivery Confirmation says the item Was Delivered and Left In/At Mailbox, Front Porch, etc does not mean it went to the Proper Address and unfortunately unless the carrier actually remembers delivering the package nobody in the USPS will know where it went.

I have even had cards left in my mailbox or at the door stating I had a package that required a signature and I could pick it up next day at the "Laurel Springs Post Office" and when I get there they do not have it and after several phone calls from the people at the PO it went to the "Clementon" post office or the carrier left it on the truck, "you should get it today".

Even Certified Mail with Return Receipt is not 100% guaranteed to be delivered properly, read the USPS fine print.

It only tells you it "was delivered" but not "where" and gives you a signature (that usually cannot be read) that shows "somebody" accepted the package/letter.

It's really too bad there are unscrupulous people that are always trying to scam people and exploit the system. They try to hide in the background noise of human error and carelessness. I've had some issues myself, one case where the packages were signed for and delivered to a business across the street from the intended buyer. Took a few days of detective work to figure out what had happened, but at least the buyer got the books and we all breathed a sigh of relief.