• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

action #1...larson copy

19 posts in this topic

can anyone give me information on the larson copy of action comics #1 ????

ive heard rumors that it was cleaned and pressed...rumors only of course..

has anyone ever seen it? i would be most interested in your responces.

here we go again!!! The rumor mills are starting up. Why is it that every big key book thats out of circulation has to be trashed by those who admittedly have no personal knowledge at all about it? Course if its true, would someone please tell us?

i'm not reading the questions as trashing per se. he's only stating that he's heard rumours, rumours that could quickly be dispelled by the right people, and no harm done.

imho

i'm not reading the questions as trashing per se. he's only stating that he's heard rumours, rumours that could quickly be dispelled by the right people, and no harm done.

imho

I know... but its one in a series of such threads that only elicit more rumors.... The above MH Tec 27 joke is an exaggeration, but anyone can come on and make any claim at all because so few people actually have seen any of these top copies..I guess no harm done its all in the interest of information sharing....

so having said that, has anyone heard about the MH Sensation#1? I hear that Marston himself was alone with it for an hour in San Diego one year and it now has more than a little glue all over the cover the cover! that old pervert.

My plummer's uncle told me that the Mile High Detective #27 was dipped into a vat of baked beans by a band or roaming gypsies.

what in the h-e-double-hockey-stix is a plummer? you a Denver Broncos fan, or what

My plummer's uncle told me that the Mile High Detective #27 was dipped into a vat of baked beans by a band or roaming gypsies.

what in the h-e-double-hockey-stix is a plummer? you a Denver Broncos fan, or what

What are "stix". And don't you DARE correct spelling until you get your own upper/lower case issues resolved! ::phew::

My plummer is offended by the silent "b", so I never use it. shy.gif

so having said that, has anyone heard about the MH Sensation#1? I hear that Marston himself was alone with it for an hour in San Diego one year and it now has more than a little glue all over the cover the cover! that old pervert.

That's nothing, I heard that all existing copies of Phantom Lady #17 have this problem. wink.gif

Paging Jon Berk.

Yes I knew who had it and may still have it. However, I do not feel it appropriate to indicate who that person without their input. As to condition, who knows. But the paranoia of assume restoration until proven otherwise continues, I see. Jon

That's nothing, I heard that all existing copies of Phantom Lady #17 have this problem. wink.gif

27_laughing.gif

Paging Jon Berk.

But the paranoia of assume restoration until proven otherwise continues, I see. Jon

Just for that one jag-off in particular, not for everyone.

Paging Jon Berk.

Yes I knew who had it and may still have it. However, I do not feel it appropriate to indicate who that person without their input. As to condition, who knows. But the paranoia of assume restoration until proven otherwise continues, I see. Jon

Paranoia or perhaps it's jealousy on the part those who their copy was better? confused-smiley-013.gif

here we go again!!! The rumor mills are starting up. Why is it that every big key book thats out of circulation has to be trashed by those who admittedly have no personal knowledge at all about it? Course if its true, would someone please tell us?

To answer your question-

Unfortunately, questions regarding the disclosure (or lack) of restortaion has over-taken the hobby. This detracts from enjoying the book itself as an observer of a book tries to mentally attack the integrity of a book so as to better understand what they are looking. Any collector of comic books needs to become an expert on ephemera which to me takes away from appreciating the nostalgic quality of the book for its own sake. This was not the case in the 1970's and mid 1980's. However by 1988, top dealers recognized that the hobby was just as much about emphera as it was about the nostalgia.

Fast forward 2005 ---- CGC slabbing, pressing, disclosures of such work (non-disclosures)

Enough is enough.

Krazy

That's a load of bunk. No Gypsies were involved. See how the rumors start and fly through cyber space!