• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED & DONE! Junk Sale! GA, SA, Magazines and ???
3 3

134 posts in this topic

Star Spangled #63 Dec 1946 DC Publications

Great under-rated Jack Kirby DC title.  A great reader.

Has a piece 1/2" x 1-1/4" off upper left corner. Back cover has a large dust shadow. Cover is almost entirely and neatly split from book but still hanging on. A couple small corner creases. Centerfold is snug. Yellowed but very supple interior paper.

Was $40.   Now  $35. For classic GA Kirby???

starspangled1.jpg

starspangled2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Frisky Fables #39 Dec-Jan 1949 Star Publications

Another outstanding L.B. Cole cover! Halloween this time. I just love these!

Has a small 1/2" x 1" lower right corner gone. Several, light bends and light wrinkles. Has a small name on back cover. This brings back great memories. I bought about 500 late 1940's/early 1950's comics from an estate sale a long time ago. This might be the only one left I have for sale. I should write it up in my junk thread...Glossy and bright. No other major tears, or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is a bit yellowed but supple.

$40.

friskyfables39a.jpg

friskyfables39b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Katy Keene Annual #4 1957-1958 Archie Publications

Great good girl art and pin-ups in this fat giant!

A beautiful copy for an annual. Has a few light spine bends and some very minor wear at bottom. A couple tiny creases hardly worth mentioning. Spine is square and tight with full paper. Off white, supple interior paper. Hard to find nice copies of these.

Was $80.   Now $70. 

katykeene1.jpg

katykeene2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Frisky Fables #39 Dec-Jan 1949 Star Publications

Another outstanding L.B. Cole cover! Halloween this time. I just love these!

Has a small 1/2" x 1" lower right corner gone. Several, light bends and light wrinkles. Has a small name on back cover. This brings back great memories. I bought about 500 late 1940's/early 1950's comics from an estate sale a long time ago. This might be the only one left I have for sale. I should write it up in my junk thread...Glossy and bright. No other major tears, or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is a bit yellowed but supple.

$40.

friskyfables39a.jpg

:takeit: LB Cole and HALLOWEEN :x

Edited by bounty_coder

Strange Worlds #5 Aug 1959 Atlas/Marvel Publications

Great Kirby cover. Ditko and Sinnott stories. Cool Sci-Fi book!

Has a long, thin "subscription" crease down center of book. A tiny chip out of bottom right corner. Light spine wear. A couple tiny back cover edge tears. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Supple, slightly yellowed interior pages with do damage.

$60.

strangeworlds1.jpg

strangeworlds2.jpg

All Famous Police Cases #7 Oct. 1952 Star Publications

Action packed L.B. Cole crime cover!

Lots of general wear on this one. Slightly rolled spine, numerous small edge tears and creases. Neat spine split at top of cover down to the top staple. Light, small water stain at bottom of back cover. Bugs have knawed a thin line all the way through whole book in center. Does not affect art or stories but a bummer for sure. Nice, interior paper. A cheap reader and worth it for the cool L.B. Cole cover alone...

$15.

allfamouspolice1.jpg

allfamouspolice2.jpg

Annother weird one coming up...

Clyde Beaty Comics #1 1953 Commodore Publications

A fat, 84 page giant annual. Great circus art and a photo section in middle. Real weird book!!!

A flat, bright, complete copy with a square, full paper spine and light general wear. Has a small piece of of bottom back cover, a couple small edge cover tears and a piece about 1/2" x 1-1/2" off top of front cover. Some stupid kid penciled in glasses and a beard on the lion and a beard and mustache on Clyde on the cover! Supple and nice interior pages.

Be the hit of the boards when you post your new find here!

Was $25.   OK how about $20.???

clydebeatty1.jpg

clydebeatty2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

OK, whiners, guide beaters and low ballers please move on...

Down with Crime #7 Nov 1952 Fawcett Publications

Absolute classic book. One of my top 5 favorite crime books and one that is real popular here on the boards. Hot babe in her nighty reaching for a gun as a DC Sandman rip off character breaks through a window. The mood and colors on this one are fantastic!

This copy is good maybe good plus. But the bad news...it is missing the centerfold. No one I know really cares after seeing this iconic cover though. I have a nice Crowley that I paid dearly through the nose for many years ago. This is my "reader" but I can part with it. Someone else should have one of these in their collection. I have no problem keeping it...

$125. firm. Don't make me put this on Ebay...

downwithcrime7a.jpg

downwithcrime7b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

OK, whiners, guide beaters and low ballers please move on...

Down with Crime #7 Nov 1952 Fawcett Publications

Absolute classic book. One of my top 5 favorite crime books and one that is real popular here on the boards. Hot babe in her nighty reaching for a gun as a DC Sandman rip off character breaks through a window. The mood and colors on this one are fantastic!

This copy is good maybe good plus. But the bad news...it is missing the centerfold. No one I know really cares after seeing this iconic cover though. I have a nice Crowley that I paid dearly through the nose for many years ago. This is my "reader" but I can part with it. Someone else should have one of these in their collection. I have no problem keeping it...

$125. firm. Don't make me put this on Ebay...

downwithcrime7a.jpg

downwithcrime7b.jpg

Take

OK, that's it for this time. I will leave this thread up probably through tomorrow night and send out invoices. Thanks as always for those who have look, lurked and best of all, spend their hard earned dough here. It's always a pleasure bringing out some obscure weirdness here.

One other thing, if anyone wants to trade any of this stuff for ECs in the vgish range, I might be interested. I am working on my 3rd collection and still need a whole lot of them. Looking for any I don't have...

Robot Man, over and out!

On 11/24/2017 at 11:39 AM, Robot Man said:

Holiday Comics #2 1951 Star Publications

Overstreet lists this as a "classic cover" and I have to agree. Just awsome L.B. Cole stuff. The color and action on this book is just off the hook! This title is very under rated.

Book has been cut a little off center from the printer. There is a long "subscription" bend down from top to bottom. Barely breaks color. A few other tiny bends and creases. No tears, splits or missing pieces. Tightly bound to covers. Nice, off white interior paper.

$60.

holiday2a.jpg

:takeit: per PM