• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED & DONE! Junk Sale! GA, SA, Magazines and ???
3 3

134 posts in this topic

SOLD!

Casper the Friendly Ghost #9 April 1953 Harvey Publications

Spine neatly split to bottom staple. Top has a neat 3/4" split as well. Small chip out of bottom right corner. Has a small crayon letter in center of cover and a little ink scribbling inside bucket. Some wrinkles and general wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice interior paper.

Was $25.   Now  $20.

casper1.jpg

casper2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Famous Fantastic Mysteries Pulp Aug 1940 Red Star Magazines

Awsome Virgil Finlay cover!

Book has seen some minor water damage. Light staining and wrinkling to cover. Back cover is the worst. Small edge tears as common with pulps. Light bug damage to back cover edge. Tight, with full paper spine. Book is bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but very supple.

Was $25.   Now $20.!!!

fantasticmysteries1.jpg

fantasticmysteries2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

The Beverly Hillbillies #1 April-June 1963 Dell Publishers

Great stuff! Maybe my favorite TV show as a kid. The comics were just as good as the show.

Nice, clean, complete copy. A little, light edge wear and some spine bends. No tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice interior paper.

$25.

bevhillbillies1.jpg

bevhillbillies12.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Donald Duck in Old California Four Color #328 (Donald Duck #2) 1952 Dell Publications

Awsome book. One of my favorites. Donald chews Peyote and goes back in time to early California. Being a native California and an old hippie I guess I can easily relate to this story. Great Carl Barks art as well.

A beautiful copy. Tight, flat, clean, glossy and complete. Has a small name in ink at top. Has a tiny "16" in ink at bottom of spine. There is a small red paint mark on back cover edge. No tears, creases, or pieces missing. Smooth, tight spine with book and centerfold bound well to covers. White, fresh interior paper. A wonderful book you won't be sorry to own this one.

$125.

donaldduck1.jpg

donaldduck2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Donald Duck in Old California Four Color #328 (Donald Duck #2) 1952 Dell Publications

Awsome book. One of my favorites. Donald chews Peyote and goes back in time to early California. Being a native California and an old hippie I guess I can easily relate to this story. Great Carl Barks art as well.

A beautiful copy. Tight, flat, clean, glossy and complete. Has a small name in ink at top. Has a tiny "16" in ink at bottom of spine. There is a small red paint mark on back cover edge. No tears, creases, or pieces missing. Smooth, tight spine with book and centerfold bound well to covers. White, fresh interior paper. A wonderful book you won't be sorry to own this one.

$125.

donaldduck1.jpg

donaldduck2.jpg

lol:takeit:

SOLD!

Pep Comics #100 Nov 1953 Archie Publications

Nice cover gag!

Has a small 1" lower spine tear. Some small edge tears. Worst is 1" long on back cover. A couple of creases. Worst is about 6" long at top of cover in a diagonal. Edges are yellowed mostly on back cover. Dust shadow? Worn, but complete and well attached with decent interior paper.

Was $25.   Now  $20.

pep1.jpg

pep2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Flash #137 June 1963 DC Publications

Golden Age Flash crossover. JSA cameo (1st SA appearance)

A nice, bright, colorful complete copy. Has a long thin "subscription" crease down center. Book looks like it was folded in a back pocket as this goes all the way through. A few minor spine bends. No tears, spilts or missing pieces. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice white interior paper with no damage.

Was $75.   Now  $65.

flash137a.jpg

flash137b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Here is something I have rarely seen...

BULLETMAN & BULLETGIRL "And the Return of Mr. Murder" 1941 Dime Action Big Little

Book. Fawcett  Publications.

192 pages + covers. All comic book stories and art. Shows covers from Bulletman, Whiz

and Master comics inside  covers. This is a rough but complete copy. It has numerous small tears, splits and creases. There is a  small piece out of top of back cover. Has original paper spine and book is still well bound to covers. A  rough copy but try to find another one...

$40.

bulletmanblb1.jpg

bulletmanblb2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Sold!

Holiday Comics #2 1951 Star Publications

Overstreet lists this as a "classic cover" and I have to agree. Just awsome L.B. Cole stuff. The color and action on this book is just off the hook! This title is very under rated.

Book has been cut a little off center from the printer. There is a long "subscription" bend down from top to bottom. Barely breaks color. A few other tiny bends and creases. No tears, splits or missing pieces. Tightly bound to covers. Nice, off white interior paper.

$60.

holiday2a.jpg

holiday2b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Here is also something I never see in my neck of the woods...

Grand Slam Aces #44 July 1945 Anglo American Publishing (Canada)

A rough but complete copy of this rarity. Spine is pretty shot. Mostly split with some chipping. Top of book has a small chew and a bit flaking. Has a 3/4" tear at top that goes through whole book. No other creases or missing pieces. Interior paper is surprisingly supple except at top and spine.

Was $40.   Now  $30.

grandslamaces1.jpg

grandslamaces12.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Authentic Police Cases #20 Aug 1952 St. John Publications

Nice Matt Baker cover on this one. No babes but lots of mayhem in this issue.

A bit of a spine roll. A small tear through spine in center. Some minor wrinkling and a tiny tear at top of back cover. Just general wear. No major tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice off white/white interior paper. A cool crime title.

Was $30.   Now  $25.

aurhpolicecases1.jpg

aurhpolicecases2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

38 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Here is something I have rarely seen...

BULLETMAN & BULLETGIRL "And the Return of Mr. Murder" 1941 Dime Action Big Little

Book. Fawcett  Publications.

192 pages + covers. All comic book stories and art. Shows covers from Bulletman, Whiz

and Master comics inside  covers. This is a rough but complete copy. It has numerous

small tears, splits and creases. There is a  small piece out of top of back cover. Has

original paper spine and book is still well bound to covers. A  rough copy but try to find another one...

$40.

bulletmanblb1.jpg

bulletmanblb2.jpg

I'll take it

Felix the Cat #2 1954 Toby Publishers

A nice, fat 100 page giant full of classic Pat Sullivan Felix art!

This copy has archival taped spine. Has old residue from old scotch tape on spine visible from back. A little writing at top of cover. A few wrinkles, bends and a back cover crease. Some minor edge wear. Nice, off white interior paper. This book is a GREAT read and pretty hard to find.

Was $30.   Now  $25.

felix1.jpg

felix2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Shock Magazine #1 May 1969 Stanley Publications

Another beautiful Horror magazine! More 1950's gory pre-code horror goodness.

Beautiful copy! Has a few small spine bends. A tiny printers tear at base of spine. Glossy, bright and fresh. No tears or creases. White interior pages.

Was $50.   Now  $45. (Beautiful copy!)

shockmag1a.jpg

shockmag1b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man