• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD/CLOSED PRICE DROP High Grade Blue GA Supes 36 WAAAY B.low GPA !!! Cookeville Collection?

15 posts in this topic

Beautiful colors on this high grade Supes 36 OW/W pages.  WAS asking $1900 NOW ONLY ASKING $1800 !! (GPA is shy of $2300) :news: SOLD!!!!!

First I'll take it via time stamp wins--PM or in thread

No one on the naughty list

Winner pays shipping anywhere-Fed Ex, UPS, USPS , etc

No returns on CGC graded books

Plenty of references on the boards

Accepting PayPal, Chase Quickpay, MO, CC, PC

Supes fc.JPG

Supes bc.JPG

Edited by Chicago Boy

4 hours ago, nearmint said:

I've never understood this cover.  Why is Lois mad at Supes?

Oh c'mon...Lois is standing there with a hammer and an ice pick (not visible in this scan) in her hand, and Supes just flicks the ice off with his little finger...for those who lived before frost free refrigerators...chipping ice out of the freezer was not fun...

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

25 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Oh c'mon...Lois is standing there with a hammer in her hand, and Supes just flicks the ice off with his little finger...for those who lived before frost free refrigerators...chipping ice out of the freezer was not fun...

I remember when we were living in Boise in 1989, we had a rental with a refrigerator with an aluminum coil freezer.  I stuck my wet hand in there once with a fresh ice cube tray and bonded my hand to the coil.  Luckily my wife was home and brought hot water and a sponge to get my hand loose.  I still ended up with freezer burns, and learned a good life lesson.

14 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Oh c'mon...Lois is standing there with a hammer and an ice pick (not visible in this scan) in her hand, and Supes just flicks the ice off with his little finger...for those who lived before frost free refrigerators...chipping ice out of the freezer was not fun...

I knew I was getting old when I had to explain  to a youngster at work about party lines. At the beginning of the conversation he thought I was referring to a 1-900 number or something. xD :preach:

On 11/26/2017 at 6:00 PM, Chicago Boy said:

I don't get it either.  Breaking the ice tray?  Getting stuff all over the floor??    Still a beaut of a book though.  Here's a better pic........bigger.thumb.JPG.a928185ff124c204a380f8cc6f8aaf0c.JPG

Taking it per PM