• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cover Girls: An Appreciation for Women on Comic Book Photo Covers
1 1

52 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, sagii said:

Need to get this one graded soon in time for the next Registry Awards so i'll have a complete certified set 

Forbidden Love #2.jpg

I can loan you this one for your registry set...

forbiddenlove02.jpg

...or please loan me yours so I can read it.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 11/30/2017 at 3:29 PM, sagii said:

Need to get this one graded soon in time for the next Registry Awards so i'll have a complete certified set 

Forbidden Love #2.jpg

Only complete when you get the Canadian versions, too! :)

forbidden_2_92_20160403_zpscwzw3beq.JPG

On 12/1/2017 at 1:02 PM, gadzukes said:

Why no mention of Monroe on the Label?  CGC doesn't know?

I think it's a certainty that it's a photo of MM, but I don't believe CGC has ever formally recognized it as such. 

Part 4
Elizabeth Taylor

Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor (1932-2011) was born in London to wealthy, socially prominent American parents and moved Los Angeles in 1939. She began her career as a child actress in the early 1940s and was one of a handful of actors to continue to have a successful adult acting career and becoming one of the most popular stars of classical Hollywood cinema in the 1950s. Her breakthrough role was in MGM’s National Velvet (1944) which made her one of the studio’s most popular teenaged stars. She appeared in more than 50 films and received Oscars for Butterfield 8 (1960) and Who’s Afraid of Virgina Woolf (1966). She was known for her beauty and violet eyes and was considered one of world’s most beautiful women. Her personal life was tabloid fodder due to an extravagant lifestyle, health problems and 8 marriages to 7 men.

Reading comics in bed in Hollywood
DvMCNSkc_o.jpg

Eating an apple and reading the comics
2MvcUIt6_o.jpg

Elizabeth at 25
Kvmu428E_o.jpg

Looking back with her violet eyes and in 1956
WgoEUCCv_o.jpg cU1jGvKC_o.jpg

Elizabeth probably appeared on as many magazine covers as Marilyn Monroe.
Here she is on the cover of Picture Post magazine in 1954
FjXvoLi6_o.jpg

Movieland magazine from July 1953. Why are they gossiping about Farley Granger?
wkds5tNX_o.jpg

This is Elizabeth’s son Christopher arriving in London to spend Christmas with her on Dec 17 1962.
He is reading a seldom seen comic Millie the Lovable Monster.
0U30RVxo_o.jpg

Here are all the cover appearances of Elizabeth:
Calling All Girls 40, Famous Stars 5, Film Star 2, Fawcett Movie Comic 20, Miss America 21, Sweet Sixteen 4 & Sweethearts 121

QVmAYvpR_o.jpg UaMMkMxj_o.jpg 32c0TIV2_o.jpg YpV0ayf5_o.jpg
jYX8C606_o.jpg fHWcRiBt_o.jpg p7Eik1Da_o.jpg

6 hours ago, jpepx78 said:

Part 4
Elizabeth Taylor

Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor (1932-2011) was born in London to wealthy, socially prominent American parents and moved Los Angeles in 1939. She began her career as a child actress in the early 1940s and was one of a handful of actors to continue to have a successful adult acting career and becoming one of the most popular stars of classical Hollywood cinema in the 1950s. Her breakthrough role was in MGM’s National Velvet (1944) which made her one of the studio’s most popular teenaged stars. She appeared in more than 50 films and received Oscars for Butterfield 8 (1960) and Who’s Afraid of Virgina Woolf (1966). She was known for her beauty and violet eyes and was considered one of world’s most beautiful women. Her personal life was tabloid fodder due to an extravagant lifestyle, health problems and 8 marriages to 7 men.

Reading comics in bed in Hollywood
DvMCNSkc_o.jpg

Eating an apple and reading the comics
2MvcUIt6_o.jpg

Elizabeth at 25
Kvmu428E_o.jpg

Looking back with her violet eyes and in 1956
WgoEUCCv_o.jpg cU1jGvKC_o.jpg

Elizabeth probably appeared on as many magazine covers as Marilyn Monroe.
Here she is on the cover of Picture Post magazine in 1954
FjXvoLi6_o.jpg

Movieland magazine from July 1953. Why are they gossiping about Farley Granger?
wkds5tNX_o.jpg

This is Elizabeth’s son Christopher arriving in London to spend Christmas with her on Dec 17 1962.
He is reading a seldom seen comic Millie the Lovable Monster.
0U30RVxo_o.jpg

Here are all the cover appearances of Elizabeth:
Calling All Girls 40, Famous Stars 5, Film Star 2, Fawcett Movie Comic 20, Miss America 21, Sweet Sixteen 4 & Sweethearts 121

QVmAYvpR_o.jpg UaMMkMxj_o.jpg 32c0TIV2_o.jpg YpV0ayf5_o.jpg
jYX8C606_o.jpg fHWcRiBt_o.jpg p7Eik1Da_o.jpg

glad to see you added Liz

don't overlook the Taylor grail, and one of the rarest of all Atlas romance, as it also has two Everett stories

GirlComics03fc100_zps3623e29e-1.jpg