• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA, HO HO HO EDITION IS CLOSED!
5 5

576 posts in this topic

How To Shoot 

1952 giveaway  from  Remington  Arms,   not  listed in O'street. 

Interesting   sixteen   pager  in   full  color  promoting  Remington  rifles  and  ammunition.  Some  tears  lower  edge,  one  of  which  goes about a  quarter  inch  through  the entire book,  and  a  touch  of  stacking  roll.  Otherwise  tight  with  white pages. 

Asking  $15

2DaKQ4R.jpg

Patsy Walker 35

Flat and tight,   decent gloss, but the cover is  still   attached  by  the  teensiest  of   threads,  and indeed  I  suspect  that  a  ride  through  the  Post  Office  might
shake it loose,   lol   Staple  is  a bit  rusty,  but  no  migration  to  the book  that  I  can spot.  Only one  staple,   well  centered,   kind  of odd for  a 1951 book,  but  there you are. 

Yours for $30 SOLD!

gI6ZlhE.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Little Jack Frost 1

Avon  one  shot  from  1951.

Flat  and  clean,  good  gloss,   tight  with white pages. Tiny chip out   lower  RH BC at spine, couple  small tears BC  at upper  staple.  

Solid copy of  a nice oddball  for  $30  SOLD!

1cutqsF.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Nightmare 11

Ooh,  painted   Egyptian  mummy  cover!

Bit  of  transverse  spine  roll,  tape  on lower  spine, some  chipping  on  edges  of  BC,   couple  light  stains.   Tight  with  offwhite pages. 

$40 for this  little monster!

i0xv7Ai.jpg

Mighty Mouse Fun Club Magazine 4

Front  cover  torn off, reattached with  three pieces  of  ooooold  tape,   lol

Plenty of  fun in this 80 page  rough  reader.

Asking $10

g9DIrPr.jpg

How about  a historical  oddity? 

Headline  Comics  43,  and it's  a  Pop  Hollinger  book!

Check  your  Overstreet  #12 for the full story,  but  Pop  ran  possibly  the first  ever  comic book store.  He'd  take  the rougher  books that  came  and  
rebuild them...inside  and out,    with  paper  tape.  I've had  maybe  ten  of  them  over  the last  30  years,   and  this  is  the Real  Deal,   paper tape  along
the outside spine,   Pop's  code number  upper  spine,  and  the interior  edges  all  lined  with  that  paper  tape.   Remarkable  bit  of  oddball  comics history.

This  issue books  at  about  $10  for  the  technical  grade  (nice looker  taped to hell)  but  I'm  asking  more  for  the history

Grab  a  Pop Hollinger  for $25

7eXJXv5.jpg

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Little Jack Frost 1

Avon  one  shot  from  1951.

Flat  and  clean,  good  gloss,   tight  with white pages. Tiny chip out   lower  RH BC at spine, couple  small tears BC  at upper  staple.  

Solid copy of  a nice oddball  for  $30

1cutqsF.jpg

The name fits i'll take it 

The Marvel  Family 35

Small split lower spine,  bit of spine roll,   several  long  sub-style  creases  FC,  don't  (or barely)  break  cover.  Small  tears  at  staples,   1"  tear  LH BC.  White pages.

Yours  for  $20  SOLD!

Bm04rUQ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

The Marvel  Family 35

Small split lower spine,  bit of spine roll,   several  long  sub-style  creases  FC,  don't  (or barely)  break  cover.  Small  tears  at  staples,   1"  tear  LH BC.  White pages.

Yours  for  $20

Bm04rUQ.jpg

:takeit:

Animal Comics 13

Moderate  general  wear  on  a  flat  tight  copy,   offwhite - white  pages.

Grab  some  Walt  Kelly  (and Uncle  Wiggly)  for $20

SwHQnve.jpg

Mysteries of  Unexplored  Worlds 4

Woo woo! Cover plus Fifteen  pages of  Fifties  Ditko!

Several   taped  up  tears  FC,   spine,  BC. 1/2 x 1  corner off lower  LH BC.  Interior  is  nice,  tight  with  white pages. 

$25 for  a solid  reader. 

TkvAwDS.jpg