• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 9 *DELETED*

110 posts in this topic

I promised that I will used 9.6 and 9.8 books for future rounds with no hidden defects and are the only copy in the census just in case it may be too tough for you.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I may also give you guys the invoice numbers just because as well. Good enough for you? Just guess 9.4 and above and you're certain to get some points. We need conformity in the grades.

Maybe you could just give us the alpha grade and let us guess the numerical equivalent. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I promised that I will used 9.6 and 9.8 books for future rounds with no hidden defects and are the only copy in the census just in case it may be too tough for you.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I may also give you guys the invoice numbers just because as well. Good enough for you? Just guess 9.4 and above and you're certain to get some points. We need conformity in the grades.

Maybe you could just give us the alpha grade and let us guess the numerical equivalent. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, to avoid any future questions, I will post the decimal part of the grade as well. I'll make sure that it's above 9.0 so you guys can figure it out with ease. We need the same scores for everyone until the end. Kinda like winning under a yellow flag but it's still a win. Whoopie!

hey, don't forget the "No Grading in the Thread" warning.

slipping, you're just slipping, there's no other excuse

Hey, I've already admitted I've peaked in this contest. I just hope we got all the info this time, like page count, writing inside....you know, things that AREN'T VISIBLE IN THE SCAN!

Presenting the CYA Question Checklist!

* Is there a book inside the cover?

* Is the centerfold loose or detached?

* Are the staples tight?

* Any staple rust?

* Any coupons cut?

* Any interior pieces missing or tears?

* Any missing pages?

* Any interior staining, mold, foxing or ANY other detracting flaw?

* Writing in interior?

* Glue or tape in interior?

* Brittle, brown or tanned pages or inside cover?

tongue.gifstooges.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually, to avoid any future questions, I will post the decimal part of the grade as well. I'll make sure that it's above 9.0 so you guys can figure it out with ease. We need the same scores for everyone until the end. Kinda like winning under a yellow flag but it's still a win. Whoopie!

hey, almost no one is doing as bad as i am, but i'm glad to see that some of you still have a sense of humor.

let's keep things light, kids..................... sumo.gif

Better yet, I should harvest scans from eBay and treat it as mine. Then, it'll be truly "equal".

Yeah....let's all be like the Borg and know the same.

Hell...instead of asking questions, why don't you just ask me for the grade?

I don't want you not to get a full 4 points.

hey, don't forget the "No Grading in the Thread" warning.

slipping, you're just slipping, there's no other excuse

Hey, I've already admitted I've peaked in this contest. I just hope we got all the info this time, like page count, writing inside....you know, things that AREN'T VISIBLE IN THE SCAN!

Presenting the CYA Question Checklist!

* Is there a book inside the cover?

tongue.gifstooges.gif

SEE, now THAT'S funny............... grin.gif

Better yet, I should harvest scans from eBay and treat it as mine. Then, it'll be truly "equal".

Just try to be consistant with the info you're passing out in pms. Did you really tell Oct_Fi there were no hidden defects?

And enough with the sarcastic hyperbole. Just try answering the question.

Just try to be consistant with the info you're passing out in pms. Did you really tell Oct_Fi there were no hidden defects?

And enough with the sarcastic hyperbole. Just try answering the question.

Why would there be any hidden defects if the scan shows discoloration? You think it would only show on the outside and not the inside? Call it an misinterpretation if you want but don't accuse me of purposely misleading him.

Forget it. I'm not wasting my time debating you. You want to be in denial? Stay there.

You're right. 70 out of 71 contestants were dummies for not realizing that tanning on the outside edges of the covers implied tanning to the interior covers.

hail.gif

Forget it. I'm not wasting my time debating you. You want to be in denial? Stay there.

You're right. 70 out of 71 contestants were dummies for not realizing that tanning on the outside edges of the covers implied tanning to the interior covers.

hail.gif

Go [#@$%!!!] off [#@$%!!!]. Have fun for the rest of the show. I'm out of this circus.

Why would there be any hidden defects if the scan shows discoloration? You think it would only show on the outside and not the inside? Call it an misinterpretation if you want but don't accuse me of purposely misleading him.

Whatever. confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif

didn't i ask you all nicely to behave???????????? sumo.gif

now greggy goes the way of Ultimate Venom as Nikos assistant!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Nikos, he just can't find reliable help............ grin.gif

now greggy goes the way of Ultimate Venom as Nikos assistant!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Nikos, he just can't find reliable help............ grin.gif

No big deal. If Nikos needs help I can drop out and help (and I wont puzzy out from a little criticism.). I'm sure others can make the same offer. Greggy is one guy and not very important in the big picture, or the small picture for that matter.

NEXT!

I think the book for this round should be replaced, as Greggy is obviously not going to be available to answer questions about this one.