• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

please help me What should i buy
2 2

34 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2017 at 9:36 PM, Aliens said:

well i guess what im really looking for re cool GA joker covers and pages to Batman 1, early joker stuff

If you just "don't know" what are cool, popular, or over all wanting to learn more about that era....

It's not GA but a cover I recently purchased is Batman 251, which is a classic Neal Adams Cover. I am also interested in Batman 232, which is the first Ra's Al Ghul or whatever his name is. All of these are BA. There is also some other Neal Adams covers. First appearance of Talia (look on ebay) is popular too :) 

I knew about Ras al ghoul from the animated series, but wasn't sure how to spell the name. The Talia was on the animated series as well. I wonder the future of books like this as I don't believe that they are current characters in any series. Great story though ;)

I like the Batman 251 cover but to be honest I don't know much about it. The joker looking like I've seen in GA is the reason I like it. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

32 minutes ago, Aliens said:

Though my personal "grail" will always be my copy of ASM 3, sure it's not GRAND to many but it will always be my favorite book

IMG_0054.JPG

Looks pretty good to me. And a reasonably placed Stan stamp too :headbang:

6 minutes ago, Aliens said:
46 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Looks pretty good to me. And a reasonably placed Stan stamp too :headbang:

thanks

You're welcome. Nowadays, when you get Stan to sign, you have to say "not the face!" :wink:

1 hour ago, Aliens said:

I mispelled the word grail lol here it is I found it on eBay and jumped to it

it is just the cover but I have a coverless copy in my collection so in a few days I will Marry it together! I think it's awesome even if I did overpay for the cover.

I don't know what that cover in that condition "should" go for, but if that's the purchase that makes you happiest for the money you made the right decision. Having a pre-Robin Tec in any condition is a rare, cool thing.

16 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

I don't know what that cover in that condition "should" go for, but if that's the purchase that makes you happiest for the money you made the right decision. Having a pre-Robin Tec in any condition is a rare, cool thing.

I agree that's why I bought it thanks for the feedback

23 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Mid grade giant size x men #1

ASM #300 semi high grade

ASM #316 high grade (if you could tolerate one) signed by Lee/McFarlane

ASM 300 and 316 for a GRAND? Wow, there are thousand of high grade copies of those. Seems like a pretty risky “investment”. There are so many  truly great books that you could get for that kind of scratch...

32 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

ASM 300 and 316 for a GRAND? Wow, there are thousand of high grade copies of those. Seems like a pretty risky “investment”. There are so many  truly great books that you could get for that kind of scratch...

316 9.8 signed by Lee/McFarlane will fetch a thousand.

By semi high grade 300 I mean a 9.6. that'll go for a grand. It'll definitely be there closer we get to movie release