• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Letting stuff go
3 3

63 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

That's rough, man.

Fortunately, I have experienced zero seller's remorse. Quite a bit of the stuff I know I can't financially replace, but none of it was rare.

Zero sellers remorse here too, (i have gotten a headache before though when i sold something :bigsmile: ) whenever i sell something it is because i needed the money for one reason or another , i sold an entire run of original X-men in 1995 for $400 , sure it would be worth more than 5K today ,... but i really needed the money back then and $400 was a lot of money to me back then

4 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Zero sellers remorse here too, (i have gotten a headache before though when i sold something :bigsmile: ) whenever i sell something it is because i needed the money for one reason or another , i sold an entire run of original X-men in 1995 for $400 , sure it would be worth more than 5K today ,... but i really needed the money back then and $400 was a lot of money to me back then

Yup. That was the problem for me. Selling stuff for a comparative pittance compared to today's prices while I was at college and at my most impoverished. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

If you're unsure if a comic should stay or go, keep it.  When you feel nothing for a book at all, that's when it can go.

I always have trouble with discussions like these.  I'm a run collector, so there's very little room in my collection for trimming.  I can't understand keeping just keys.  Who owns just one baseball card, or just one Hot Wheels car?  I get the significance to the story, and their monetary value, but do those books resonate with you on an emotional level, or are they just the ones you're supposed to have?  If you don't have pride of ownership beyond the price sticker on top, then they're just another trinket in the garage to put out the next time you have a sale.

15 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

When you feel nothing for a book at all, that's when it can go.

The problem there is that I don't have any comics for which I feel nothing. I am taking solace in knowing I could still buy back some things. Putting the collection together was a great time, and it's all still out there. 

How do I deal with it?

Well, I don't get rid of a book I love until I find a book I love even more. Then it's not very bothersome.

1 hour ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Send me your 25 Spidey short boxes ... that'll put a dent in it!!

You get all my low grade Peter Parker duplicates...., :devil: 

1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

Another idea is to trade.  Done a lot of trading of stuff I no longer wanted for very cool stuff... just a matter of finding the right folks at cons and elsewhere !

The guys peddling hookers and blow usually aren't interested in comic books.

7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
8 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I let one go this morning at my LCS. If anyone's in the area, I'd give it a day or two. 

Ye Olde Carpet Bomber strikes again!

I'd like to think a disgruntled CGC grader would slip one into a slab then seal it double quick before quitting. Imagine cracking that slab open at a later date liz :frown:

Image result for pooh smell gif

Edited by Marwood & I
Pooooor!

43 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I'd like to think a disgruntled CGC grader would slip one into a slab then seal it double quick before quitting. Imagine cracking that slab open at a later date liz :frown:

Image result for pooh smell gif

The pages start to discolor, and you think it is tanning/ foxing. Hehehehe

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

What the fox has happened in here! :p

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

You never know - they might stay pristine and white! :D