• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kingdom come graphic novel

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for the best kingdom come graphic novel to buy - by best I mean good value.   I have the paper back story version without graphics, but my son was interested in reading the story with all of the art and when I looked on line so many versions and reprints and special editions etc. I was overwhelmed ... and hoped somebody on the boards would  telll me would be a good affordable version to get on amazon or wherever?

Do you mean this one?  It's available as paperback on Amazon for $16 or off the shelf for $20 in most places.

https://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Come-Mark-Waid/dp/1401220347/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514063958&sr=8-1&keywords=kingdom+come+graphic+novel

IMG_0102.thumb.jpg.f634c3656ce822f474c022ac50d74257.jpg

Edited by JazzMan

Sorry, I'm not sure if that's it or not?  Again all I have is an actual paper back book (novel) - with no pictures.  I thought the original series was released like in three different books with a different hero on the front ... Super, Wonder, Bat ... and all three together formed the complete story?  But I figured all of them had probably been compiled in one graphic novel.   

I see different things with different covers there are bunch of books that have Jusitice Society on the title?  Are these follow up books or different covers for the same thing or what.  Like I said hoped somebody on the boards would say - buy this and you'll be set.  

I don't have to have chromium - limited edition covers - hard back is not necessary ... just want to know what kingdom come book to buy and on top of that are there follow up books or additional materials in the series.

Thank you for any reply.

You want to stay with the original Waid / Ross limited series. A compilation is fine as well but like anything DC has that is successful, they eventually tried to cash in on that success with a series of one-shots and such under the banner "the Kingdom". Fun but something else entirely really and not essential to the story. The best presentation in my opinion is the Absolute Kingdom Come but there are cheaper alternatives as well.