• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed. Thanks.
1 1

50 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Erndog said:

What just happened here?

He was called out for the supposed error in his thread. This should be done with a PM. It's like you saying the grade is off or the price it too high in someone thread. You took a dump on the guys thread. Not cool. I sold some Cherry's this year and I had the printings wrong. Board members sent me PMs to tell me and I fixed it. Never call out a member in their thread, never! Steve has been nothing but cool selling some super nice 100 pagers from his private stash and he gets dumped on here? Don't leave Steve!

Edited by nochips

8 hours ago, nochips said:

He was called out for the supposed error in his thread. This should be done with a PM. It's like you saying the grade is off or the price it too high in someone thread. You took a dump on the guys thread. Not cool. I sold some Cherry's this year and I had the printings wrong. Board members sent me PMs to tell me and I fixed it. Never call out a member in their thread, never! Steve has been nothing but cool selling some super nice 100 pagers from his private stash and he gets dumped on here? Don't leave Steve!

With all due respect, it wasn't Erndog.   Also, I don't think the comment/question was that severe.  Certainly not severe enough to leave the boards after 13 years. 

Edited by comicdonna

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

With all due respect, it wasn't Erndog.   Also, I don't think the comment/question was that severe.  Certainly not severe enough to leave the boards after 13 years. 

icefires started a thread about getting a prescreener in Houston for his 100 pagers.  He then posted some of the 100 pagers in the thread, which I saw, and then in the "unread activity" feed I saw him say something like "I am sorry I even started this thread" but when I went to read it that thread was poofed and my posts from that thread are gone from the "content I posted in". Then I saw he closed the Cherry thread. Very odd.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

icefires started a thread about getting a prescreener in Houston for his 100 pagers.  He then posted some of the 100 pagers in the thread, which I saw, and then in the "unread activity" feed I saw him say something like "I am sorry I even started this thread" but when I went to read it that thread was poofed and my posts from that thread are gone from the "content I posted in". Then I saw he closed the Cherry thread. Very odd.

Yes I started new years eve a little early yesterday and got pretty drunk. I made a post asking about local prescreening availability in Houston for my raw 100 pagers.

Prescreening was the wrong term to use. What I really wanted was an estimated grade for my raw books since I not much good at grading.

I do know that most of them are not CGC worthy. I want to sell a lot of them on Ebay and give a decently estimated grade when I list.

There are a few books that I do think should be graded. One of them for sure is my DC-5 Love Stories. These sell for a decent price in most grades.

I posted a few pics of the first few raws from my short box (DC-4, DC-5, DC-6, DC-7, etc). I am fully aware that these first issues are not high grade. I have pretty much all 115 books raw (with several copies of some) and I think a few of them might be 9.4 or 9.6.

Of the first books I scanned, a board member said something like "None of them are submissible." 

I knew that was wrong just from the DC-5 that I own. Lower grade copies are certainly selling for more than the cost of submission.

So I proceeded to get pissed off and go off on this guy.  I was wrong and feel bad about it today.

Having said all of that, I would like to get away from the boards for a while. I take them too seriously.

Oh, and whatever post was made about the cherry numbering being out of whack had nothing to do with my tantrum.

I plan to come back at some point in the future because I love the boards and have met some really great boardies through my sales. A lot of nice people here.

Happy new year to everyone.

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, icefires said:

Yes I started new years eve a little early yesterday and got pretty drunk. I made a post asking about local prescreening availability in Houston for my raw 100 pagers.

Prescreening was the wrong term to use. What I really wanted was an estimated grade for my raw books since I not much good at grading.

I do know that most of them are not CGC worthy. I want to sell a lot of them on Ebay and give a decently estimated grade when I list.

There are a few books that I do think should be graded. One of them for sure is my DC-5 Love Stories. These sell for a decent price in most grades.

I posted a few pics of the first few raws from my short box (DC-4, DC-5, DC-6, DC-7, etc). I am fully aware that these first issues are not high grade. I have pretty much all 115 books raw (with several copies of some) and I think a few of them might be 9.4 or 9.6.

Of the first books I scanned, a board member said something like "None of them are submissible." 

I knew that was wrong just from the DC-5 that I own. Lower grade copies are certainly selling for more than the cost of submission.

So I proceeded to get pissed off and go off on this guy.  I was wrong and feel bad about it today.

Having said all of that, I would like to get away from the boards for a while. I take them too seriously.

Oh, and whatever post was made about the cherry numbering being out of whack had nothing to do with my tantrum.

I plan to come back at some point in the future because I love the boards and have met some really great boardies through my sales. A lot of nice people here.

Happy new year to everyone.

Thanks.

A nice, honest post.  I like that.  Enjoy your time away from the boards.  I took 5 months off earlier this year with no regrets. 

21 hours ago, comicdonna said:

A nice, honest post.  I like that.  Enjoy your time away from the boards.  I took 5 months off earlier this year with no regrets. 

So, to clarify my post: If you disagree with a grade or price send a private PM or don't say a damn thing. Any live thread comments can be perceived as ill spirited and it's best to say nothing or send a note privately. That's all. moving on.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:18 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Hope this doesn’t derail your thread but the numbering seems off to me. Issue 13 is from 1992, issue 14 is from 2000 and issue 15 is from 1993. I think these books came out twice a year so I’m wondering why 14 is out of whack. Is the label wrong?

You are absolutely right. Both 14's have a $2.95 cover price, both say Cherry comics upper left, but the 1993 book has Kitchen Sink upper right.

Didn't even notice that when I was listing them. Sorry about that!

Here is the one from my registry:

1449766_Full_Obv.jpg?t=Ni85LzIwMTEgNzozMDowNiBQTQ%3d%3d