• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tonfulle-84 Stan Lee forgeries on eBay
5 5

369 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Worse, because he thinks he's fooling folks that know better.

He thinks that because the FBI hasnt come knocking yet he's in the catbird's seat.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Anyone that would be smart enough to make a convincing attempt at pulling off phony valor, is too smart to even think about trying.

remember he only has to fool some of the people some of the time-like with the sigs.

Side note -- holy carp is that haulofshame article funny.  I just got to item 5...

"This is the first time we discover that it was our own Admiral Nimitz who surrendered the German Forces to the Allies in the European Theatre. An amazing historical discovery. Incredibly, he also managed to sign and date this copy over ten years after he died.”

2 minutes ago, kav said:

remember he only has to fool some of the people some of the time-like with the sigs.

For now. A little bird told me that some of his buyers sought the advice of autograph experts for Kirby and Lee forgeries bought from Tonfulle-84 and the realization that they're forgeries was not received well!  For now. Just for now, though. That's how it works with this sort of grand fraud. There's a permanent record there, a paper trail of who paid for what, and when. Tonfulle-84 is going to need a source for all these forgeries. When the investigation shows that he hasn't got a valid source, that's when it's all on him and the whole ship goes down like the Titanic. Well, more like the Minnow.

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Side note -- holy carp is that haulofshame article funny.  I just got to item 5...

"This is the first time we discover that it was our own Admiral Nimitz who surrendered the German Forces to the Allies in the European Theatre. An amazing historical discovery. Incredibly, he also managed to sign and date this copy over ten years after he died.”

Hauls of Shame = (worship) 

I've been reading it for years.

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

For now. A little bird told me that some of his buyers sought the advice of autograph experts for Kirby and Lee forgeries bought from Tonfulle-84 and the realization that they're forgeries was not received well!  For now. Just for now, though. That's how it works with this sort of grand fraud. There's a permanent record there, a paper trail of who paid for what, and when. Tonfulle-84 is going to need a source for all these forgeries. When the investigation shows that he hasn't got a valid source, that's when it's all on him and the whole ship goes down like the Titanic. Well, more like the Minnow.

All the forgers scooped up in Operation Bullpen also thought they were scott free!!  lol 

10 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

this is the worst comic yet .. in this shape it might be worth a quarter ...

CGC 0.5

It's a real beaut. I can see why an avid Kirby and Lee fan would want to have that gem signed, to hold dear to their heart forever. "What to have signed? What to have signed? (while looking through the collection). I know! Eureka! I'll have them sign this worthless piece of dreck!". How someone could finally part with such a treasure 25 years after Kirby's demise is the mystery of the comic book ages. :roflmao:

15 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

So what Now Johnson? I don't hear ya running off at the gums now?

Back atcha Viet

1 hour ago, kav said:

-heck they had been doing it for YEARS and nuthin ever happened-

There's a few regulars who have bought plenty of worthless garbage, like the Devil Dino above, from Tonfulle-84; regular buyers of his who have spent some serious coin that are POed enough to make some serious waves. Pieces of the conversations were shared with me. Serious stuff.  That's how it starts. With the victims. All it takes is one to get the investigative snowball rolling downhill that winds up being an avalanche. He's sold a lot of forgeries. Lots of bad paper on the street. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

9 minutes ago, kav said:

Back atcha Viet

He's got to research and try to square that whole battalion vs regiment vs company vs. division dilemma before he can gum anything I'll discuss about his forgeries. And what's there to discuss about the forgeries? What's he going to say to make his forgeries authentic? Dates and places where they were signed? "PSA may have liked one of them, out of thousands"?

That'll make things even worse. he hasn't a clue as to how they signed at any point in time and even if he did, he has zero point zero talent as a forger. The table he's leaning on to be signing these is more talented and of more use,tobe able to bear up under the weight of him and his endless string of BS. .  

Edited by James J Johnson

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

He's got to research and try to square that whole battalion vs regiment vs company vs. division dilemma before he can gum anything I'll discuss about his forgeries. And what's there to discuss about the forgeries? What's he going to say to make his forgeries authentic? Dates and places where they were signed? "PSA may have liked one of them, out of thousands"?

That'll make things even worse. he hasn't a clue as to how they signed at any point in time and even if he did, he has zero point zero talent as a forger. The table he's leaning on to be signing these is more talented and of more use,tobe able to bear up under the weight of him and his endless string of BS. .  

The one he's crowing about PSA has no record of according to the post by boomboom.  Not that it would matter to anyone who has read hauls of shame.

Edited by kav

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, kav said:

what I dont get is the post showed how the LOA was fake, and viet nam was still crowing about it! :screwy:

It's like saying "Take that!" after getting punched in the face.

Unless his face is harder and more durable than the average tightly clenched fist? 

23 minutes ago, kav said:

cant imagine any random dude showing up to defend that guy so vociferously.  

Especially with all the signs pointing to them being forgeries.  Or maybe he is a big customer of Tonfulle and is trying to justify his purchases.  Has to be one or the other.

46 minutes ago, kav said:

vociferously.  

That one's going on my chalkboard, tomorrow's word of the day. I shall use it, citing you with full credit when I do, treasure it, and am thankful for your reintroducing me to a word, that I'm not proud to admit, have been remiss in using for quite some time.

:download:

27 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Or maybe he is a big customer of Tonfulle and is trying to justify his purchases. 

No. It's the forger himself. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce that. A few of Ton's long time buyers have already shown up on other collector's forum, seeking advice on their regular forged purchases. I was directed there.  They appeared quite the opposite from wanting to justify purchases. First, they wanted to know value, then when they were told "zero point zero. They're forgeries, and not even good ones", were horrified, then angered more like it. :sumo: