• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tonfulle-84 Stan Lee forgeries on eBay
5 5

369 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

No. It's the forger himself. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce that. A few of Ton's long time buyers have already shown up on other collector's forum, seeking advice on their regular forged purchases. I was directed there.  They appeared quite the opposite from wanting to justify purchases. First, they wanted to know value, then when they were told "zero point zero. They're forgeries, and not even good ones", were horrified, then angered more like it. :sumo:

Oh, I agree with you.  Just throwing out another possibility, slim as it was.  No one, in their right mind, would defend Tonfulle unless he was one or the other.  It isn't possible to be that dense after all the evidence provided.

1 minute ago, aszumilo said:

Oh, I agree with you.  Just throwing out another possibility, slim as it was.  No one, in their right mind, would defend Tonfulle unless he was one or the other.  It isn't possible to be that dense after all the evidence provided.

I've been collecting autographs for years. I've talked to many forgers that know I know they're forgers. I'd walk into a paper collectibles show, could be comics, toys, cards, antiques, etc. and there would be one of the regular forgers set up, he'd spot me and then start taking binders of signed photos off his table before I'd get there. I'd never condemn or condone. They're not going to stop either way on my say so. So sometimes I'd walk up and look, genuinely interested in something authentic that I might want. I'm there to have fun and browse, not catch thieves. Forged this and that, I wouldn't make a scene. I'd nonchalantly point and make a subtle motion to let the seller know that I know this is garbage; they'd usually look away, standard reaction. Pretend it's not happening when you're a lousy shot and the sharpshooter challenges you..

So they'd talk to me. Id be friendly. I was always interested in their reason for doing it. I'd ask, "You have some decent stuff here, why take a chance selling the fakes? You can get in a lot of trouble for this. More trouble than it's worth?"

A lot of different reason I was told but two things definitely struck me as the main two:

1. Felt they had to, to put food on the table because people didn't want the real. They wanted the unreal. The ones that are impossible to get.

2. They enjoyed being an outlaw. Got a kick out of it. I got the feeling that once they knew I knew, they actually enjoyed the gloating over it, much like Ton did here, running up and down with a stick, trying to rattle our cages. Like he's proud that he's Robin Hood.

His early posts he admitted they were fake but people deserved it for being dumb and anyway 'everyone's doing it'.  I guess he would be ok with someone tricking a special needs individual out of money because 'hey, theyre dumb'.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

I guess he would be ok with someone tricking a special needs individual out of money because 'hey, theyre dumb'.

If he's OK with phony valor and hawking forgeries, then one might assume, possibly quite *vociferously, I might add, that he'd be OK with that as well.

*vociferously used courtesy of Kav

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

If he's OK with phony valor and hawking forgeries, then one might assume, possibly quite *vociferously, I might add, that he'd be OK with that as well.

*vociferously used courtesy of Kav

No one is fully knowledgeable about everything and anyone can be tricked-whether its comic sigs, car repairs, roofing, whatever.  Justifying it with 'well he shoulda known better!' is an age-old justification of bad guys.

The worst instance of this type of justification I ever saw was some dude on youtube saying a guy who got jumped and beaten by 4 dudes deserved it because 'he shoulda learned how to fight!".

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, kav said:

The worst instance of this type of justification I ever saw was some dude on youtube saying a guy who got jumped and beaten by 4 dudes deserved it because 'he shoulda learned how to fight!".

Gabe’s digi-wife would’ve beat up four dudes at once.  Just saying.

2 hours ago, Boomboomha! said:

Updates on Tonfulle-84 Ebay Profile. His Ebay feedback is now 98.1 and I hope it drops precipitously even more.

It seems someone finally had the gall to actually submit Tonfulle-84 items for signature verification at CBCS. AND ALL OF THEM FAILED. I know that its the competition but CGC never does signature verification service

The buyer might actually be a member of this forum

With the increase in Tonfulle's negative feedback, there is a noticeable decrease in bargain bin books that were supposedly signed by BOTH Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. 

Hopefully this would lead to a rapid decline in sales and people requesting Ebay/Paypal refunds from Tonfulle-84 cause that is where it actually hurts.

Tonfulle-84 has singlehandedly decreased the value of Stan and Jack signatures and so this development of him being revealed as an actual fraud on Ebay is a great development.

image (1).png

image.png

Finally!!!!   Everytime I looked at the item then looked at the buyer.  SMH, I STILL don't UNDERSTAND why they are still buying the books with forgery signatures from him. 

Spoiler

:sick:    :facepalm:    He is next Daniel Dupcak.

Edited by JollyComics

This inspired me to go back and check on dave974 (a substantially worse forger of Stan Lee signatures), and he's down to only one (horribly) forged book.  A lot of cheap drek littering his listings though, wonder if someone finally got wise to his game and he's now trying to clear out the garbage that he originally intended to Stan-ify.  

Still 100% feedback though.

5 hours ago, Boomboomha! said:

Updates on Tonfulle-84 Ebay Profile. His Ebay feedback is now 98.1 and I hope it drops precipitously even more.

It seems someone finally had the gall to actually submit Tonfulle-84 items for signature verification at CBCS. AND ALL OF THEM FAILED. I know that its the competition but CGC never does signature verification service

The buyer might actually be a member of this forum

With the increase in Tonfulle's negative feedback, there is a noticeable decrease in bargain bin books that were supposedly signed by BOTH Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. 

Hopefully this would lead to a rapid decline in sales and people requesting Ebay/Paypal refunds from Tonfulle-84 cause that is where it actually hurts.

Tonfulle-84 has singlehandedly decreased the value of Stan and Jack signatures and so this development of him being revealed as an actual fraud on Ebay is a great development.

image (1).png

image.png

that must have been a gut punch to ol Tonny.

1 hour ago, kav said:

that must have been a gut punch to ol Tonny.

I lack faith that ebay will allow the negatives to remain, whether the buyer agrees to revise the negative or not.

Several years back one of my ebay purchases turned into a complete debacle. Ebay/Paypal eventually had to step in and settle the claim. In short, my seller was as richly deserving of a negative as any seller I've heard negative accounts of here, and after wrestling with the idea of doing so, which I didn't take lightly because it was the first time I had ever issued a negative or neutral for a seller, I did. Within 48 hours (that's when I noticed it, it may be been removed sooner), the negative and my entire comment was removed by ebay. My comment was perfectly within guidelines, "Seller is completely lacking in any and all mail order skills", something relatively benign, no cusses, no attack, no name, nothing against the rules. Poof. Like it was never there. No message from the seller asking for revision, no message from ebay about it. Poof. Gone in 48 hours or less.

I have little faith that those 5 very measured and truthful negatives will remain, even as richly deserved and within guidelines as they may be.. 

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I lack faith that ebay will allow the negatives to remain, whether the buyer agrees to revise the negative or not.

Several years back one of my ebay purchases turned into a complete debacle. Ebay/Paypal eventually had to step in and settle the claim. In short, my seller was as richly deserving of a negative as any seller I've heard negative accounts of here, and after wrestling with the idea of doing so, which I didn't take lightly because it was the first time I had ever issued a negative or neutral for a seller, I did. Within 48 hours (that's when I noticed it, it may be been removed sooner), the negative and my entire comment was removed by ebay. My comment was perfectly within guidelines, "Seller is completely lacking in any and all mail order skills", something relatively benign, no cusses, no attack, no name, nothing against the rules. Poof. Like it was never there. No message from the seller asking for revision, no message from ebay about it. Poof. Gone in 48 hours or less.

I have little faith that those 5 very measured and truthful negatives will remain, even as richly deserved and within guidelines as they may be.. 

No if you say  Seller is completely lacking in any and all mail order skills that can be rebutted with I had some skills-I sent the item.  A pure statement of fact that these items failed sig confirmation from credible company is different.

52 minutes ago, kav said:

No if you say  Seller is completely lacking in any and all mail order skills that can be rebutted with I had some skills-I sent the item.  A pure statement of fact that these items failed sig confirmation from credible company is different.

Not one thing went right, from beginning to end, including the shipping.

7 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Not one thing went right, from beginning to end, including the shipping.

he put it in a package right?  and paid postage.  Thats 2 things.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

he put it in a package right?  and paid postage.  Thats 2 things.

I don't know if he ever did. I pay immediately. I always do when I win something or BIN. Took him 8 days to create a label (2 messages I sent went unanswered). 7 days later, I checked the tracking and the tracking from the label he printed indicated that the parcel was not in the system! Never accepted at or picked up by the carrier! More messages... all went unanswered. That's just the problems with him actually putting something into the mail! Just that one thing alone, the most basic phase of mail order for a seller seemed to be a frustratingly insurmountable obstacle for my purchase!  And this part of it went on for weeks! Messages sent, no responses.

Edited by James J Johnson

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

I don't know if he ever did. I pay immediately. I always do when I win something or BIN. Took him 8 days to create a label (2 messages I sent went unanswered). 7 days later, I checked the tracking and the tracking from the label he printed indicated that the parcel was not in the system! Never accepted at or picked up by the carrier! More messages... all went unanswered. That's just the problems with him actually putting something into the mail!

Better feedback that wouldnt be removed would be "8 days to create label.  messages unanswered.  Item never received."
That would not have been removed by ebay.