• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 15 reprint bid up to $800? Ebay seller j_stre5
2 2

41 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, woowoo said:
1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

The Neg was left Dec 30th I think from someone else ? This item sold Jan 1st after the Neg.

If you click on “view item” from the neg, you’ll see the link takes you to the auction in question. Buyer's ebay ID matches as well.

I mean it did start at $10 and he did say in vey little captions under the main description “reprint” so I actually think he has no idea on comcis and when he relized it had gotten to $800 he was surprised And wanted the money so he refused a refund I guess that’s my theory lol 

Edited by Aliens

17 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

If you click on “view item” from the neg, you’ll see the link takes you to the auction in question. Buyer's ebay ID matches as well.

Under feedback it says    

n***a(4) $800.00

30 Dec 2017 left neg (shrug) Winning bidder says e***a ( 4 ) Jan 1 strange feedback was left before auction ended hm 

Edited by woowoo

23 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Under feedback it says    

n***a(4) $800.00

30 Dec 2017 left neg (shrug) Winning bidder says e***a ( 4 ) Jan 1 strange feedback was left before auction ended hm 

Looks like he changed his eBay ID (not shady at all for a four feedback member...).  Click on n***a and the ensuing bidding details page will show e***a.

I got a kick out of his negative that he "mistakenly bid" (7 times according to the bid history). 

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Looks like he changed his eBay ID (not shady at all for a four feedback member...).  Click on n***a and the ensuing bidding details page will show e***a.

I got a kick out of his negative that he "mistakenly bid" (7 times according to the bid history). 

(thumbsu

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Yes, realizing it's a ridiculous sale for a reprint, IMO this is on the Buyer. As you said, he 'mistakenly' bid multiple times over multiple days and paid the seller. He obviously wanted it, won it, paid for it. If someone on a Boards sale did the I'll Take It and paid and then wanted his money back, I believe we would side with the Seller. No different here.

See the source image

What?! From the listing, to the feedback to the 'mistakenly bid' multiple times comment. 

All of this seems messed up.

You know what strikes me the most?

How a book from 2006 has Off-White to White Page. :whatthe:

Seriously thou, I agree with Bomber-Bob and Makenzie999 - that money wasn't going to stay with the buyer for long.

Edited by Brando-

The price was run up basically by two bidders. The winning bidder with a 5 feedback rating and the other with 0 feedbacks. The buyer left a neg that seller wouldn't accept return and he mistakenly bid, although he bid ten times. The book said reprint on it and not for resale. The seller also added that it was a reprint, later. If the buyer paid through Paypal, he's protected unless he used bitcoin lol. That book wasn't even worth the cost of grading it. Tough way to learn a lesson that you should do your homework before you go spending a lot of money.

2 hours ago, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

Stupid bidder period. I’m sure the Buyer will get a refund eventually. Not the sellers fault at all. 

As the auction progressed, I was noting the seller's shill account (0) pushing up who ultimately was the "winner", at that time 4 feedbacks, now 5, since he paid for the item.

The first time this book was auctioned, ending on Dec 22, there wasn't a bidder (0 bids) against the $1000 opener.

The negative is from the buyer who won the most recent listing at $800.

He must have paid quickly (paypal), and then later noted that he threw his $800 in the garbage, asked the seller to cancel and refund, which the seller could have done, but refused.

Simple solution. When the piece is delivered, file a claim, item not as described, or any other reason stating dissatisfaction. Ebay and/or paypal will remedy the purchase with or without the seller's blessings.

2 hours ago, misterrmystery said:

The price was run up basically by two bidders. The winning bidder with a 5 feedback rating and the other with 0 feedbacks. The buyer left a neg that seller wouldn't accept return and he mistakenly bid, although he bid ten times. The book said reprint on it and not for resale. The seller also added that it was a reprint, later. If the buyer paid through Paypal, he's protected unless he used bitcoin lol. That book wasn't even worth the cost of grading it. Tough way to learn a lesson that you should do your homework before you go spending a lot of money.

The (0) feedback account is/was obviously the seller's shill. All of that account's bidding activity (100%) is solely on the AF 15 seller's items! (Bid activity with this seller = 100%).

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

As the auction progressed, I was noting the seller's shill account (0) pushing up who ultimately was the "winner", at that time 4 feedbacks, now 5, since he paid for the item.

The first time this book was auctioned, ending on Dec 22, there wasn't a bidder (0 bids) against the $1000 opener.

The negative is from the buyer who won the most recent listing at $800.

He must have paid quickly (paypal), and then later noted that he threw his $800 in the garbage, asked the seller to cancel and refund, which the seller could have done, but refused.

Simple solution. When the piece is delivered, file a claim, item not as described, or any other reason stating dissatisfaction. Ebay and/or paypal will remedy the purchase with or without the seller's blessings.

Yes, I’m sure the seller is suspect but if I understand correctly he started this auction at $10. It just amazes me that somebody bidding that much money doesn’t check what he/she is bidding on. 

6 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

what's that saying? a comic is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it

as I understand it, it was a nice copy though I didn't have time to look at the pictures.

I believe I heard it had some random name written on the cover too...

:takeit:

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

make sure to send it into CGC to get it graded asap

Without question, because non-specific movie hype!

eBay is going to have the tracking info showing that the book was delivered so it might be harder for the buyer to get a refund.  It's also hard to argue it's not as described since the photos (even looking at them on a phone) show the black bar at the top and the NOT FOR RESALE pretty obviously.   I'm not sure they didn't get what was offered.

If the seller started it at $10, and provided there is no shilling going on, then the chips fall where they may and its the fault of the buyer to not look into what they're buying, especially if they bid multiple times on it (or am I confusing this thread with another uninformed buyer?).

I've been out with the wifey many times, sitting in a coffee shop waiting while she shops and I'll jump on eBay via my iPhone and do some time killing, but I would never jump on a high dollar auction without getting a better look at the pics on my desktop.  

I think what we have here is a buyer who got greedy thinking they had somehow spotted a deal no one else was on to.