• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10 years ago today
4 4

82 posts in this topic

Way to go, Dave!

Congrats on 10 years.

Don't worry about your early "noob" mistake.   I messed up on one of my first posts (asking about a company that shall remain nameless) and was quickly told that some things are NOT to be discussed here on the CGC board.  I quickly asked the mods to delete my thread pardon my transgression. 

Since then, I have learned a lot on these boards and met a lot of great people.

I hope one day to have 10 years under my belt like a you!

5 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Way to go, Dave!

Congrats on 10 years.

Don't worry about your early "noob" mistake.   I messed up on one of my first posts (asking about a company that shall remain nameless) and was quickly told that some things are NOT to be discussed here on the CGC board.  I quickly asked the mods to delete my thread pardon my transgression. 

Since then, I have learned a lot on these boards and met a lot of great people.

I hope one day to have 10 years under my belt like a you!

Brother you rock! Is that your 57 Bel Air coonvertible in your avatar?

Beauty, Teal with a white top I bet.:cloud9:

2 hours ago, vaillant said:

"Friends far and near"… indeed. :foryou:
Nick as etanick?

No.  Respected board member Nik passed away several years ago.  He was the one who started the grading contests.

28 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Brother you rock! Is that your 57 Bel Air coonvertible in your avatar?

Beauty, Teal with a white top I bet.:cloud9:

Yes sir, that is my 57 Chevy Bel Air (although because the avatar is a square picture, it looks kind of squished and not in proper proportion).

I really enjoy old cars (including that classic you have).

Here is a better photo....

IMG_0217.JPG

31 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

thanks my man. Im still trying to catalog all them comics you sent me,wow!

:bigsmile:  glad that you were happy with them Dave.  I own a couple vampirellas myself but never had any eerie or creepy. Getting those for you opened my eyes and I can truly understand how awesome they are and why people seek them out. They are very cool.

12 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Yes sir, that is my 57 Chevy Bel Air (although because the avatar is a square picture, it looks kind of squished and not in proper proportion).

IMG_0217.JPG

That is so sweet.  That car has been a favorite of mine since the movie Eddie and the cruisers lol. I was maybe 7 or 8 when I first saw that movie

16 minutes ago, Hudson said:

IMG_0217.JPG

My friend I would kill to have that car! A 57 Chevy conv. has been my dream car since I was a child.

I must say I am jealous.(worship)

4 minutes ago, wolverine180 said:

That is so sweet.  That car has been a favorite of mine since the movie Eddie and the cruisers lol. I was maybe 7 or 8 when I first saw that movie

Eddie and the Cruisers was  a great movie.

The first car I ever owned was a 57 Chevy Bel Air (although that one was a 2 door hard top).

Congrats. Dave on 10 great years.

2 hours ago, wolverine180 said:
2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

thanks my man. Im still trying to catalog all them comics you sent me,wow!

:bigsmile:  glad that you were happy with them Dave.  I own a couple vampirellas myself but never had any eerie or creepy. Getting those for you opened my eyes and I can truly understand how awesome they are and why people seek them out. They are very cool.

Dave does this on purpose... he's the epitome of the corner dealer waiting for school to let out. He waits for the open-minded, wide-eyed magazine virgin to check out his cool stuff and the BAM!... you're hooked.
I was his SS last year (2016) and he did the same thing to me. :cry:

I love it though.

1 minute ago, DeadOne said:

Congrats. Dave on 10 great years.

Dave does this on purpose... he's the epitome of the corner dealer waiting for school to let out. He waits for the open-minded, wide-eyed magazine virgin to check out his cool stuff and the BAM!... you're hooked.
I was his SS last year (2016) and he did the same thing to me. :cry:

I love it though.

HAHA! You have found out my ultimate dastardly plan bwaaahahahaha.:devil: