• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BCW Has New Storage Boxes
2 2

35 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I love my Drawerboxes!

13 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

This looks pretty much like the same as the one above but it has 5 slots instead of 4 slots.  Maybe I should just look into cabinets.  

http://www.collectiondrawer.com/boxsort

I hate when shops have these. I'll look through a few, but that's about it. Probably fine for home use, but I like my vertical file cabinets.

55 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I hate when shops have these. I'll look through a few, but that's about it. Probably fine for home use, but I like my vertical file cabinets.

Why do you dislike them?

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Why do you dislike them?

Usually stores have them stacked 3-4 high. Makes pulling them out more difficult. Usually they start on the floor. Have to pull each one out individually and you can't pull it out the whole way obviously to see the stuff in the back. Then you have to hold the box with one hand, which limits browsing ability, while you're bent over.

Just not a good system for retailers.

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Usually stores have them stacked 3-4 high. Makes pulling them out more difficult. Usually they start on the floor. Have to pull each one out individually and you can't pull it out the whole way obviously to see the stuff in the back. Then you have to hold the box with one hand, which limits browsing ability, while you're bent over.

I take the interior box all the way out. Helps to have a stool or stand to put the interior on to browse

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:
4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I take the interior box all the way out. Helps to have a stool or stand to put the interior on to browse

These two comments make me wonder why anyone buys these at $50+ each.

7 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Can you imagine walking in a shop with 50 boxes and doing this for everyone? I like to go through everything a shop has. That's how I find the gems in hiding.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Can you imagine walking in a shop with 50 boxes and doing this for everyone? I like to go through everything a shop has. That's how I find the gems in hiding.

I have these at home and love them. I hate having to move boxes to get into the bottom one. 

15 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:
24 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

These two comments make me wonder why anyone buys these at $50+ each.

magazine sized drawer boxes are 10  to 15 bucks

Oh - I see - they're in 4-5 pack sets - fooled me.

18 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
20 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I have these at home and love them. I hate having to move boxes to get into the bottom one. 

I can understand that. Like I said, that's why I like file cabinets better.

And I have shelving.

20 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Agreed. I could never go back to regular comic boxes ever again. Moving to Drawerboxes significantly increased my overall enjoyment of the hobby as it allows one to gain access to any series/book without having to move a single box. And they are incredibly stable, which is really the big difference between Drawerboxes and the same kind of boxes companies like BCW make. IMO, Drawerboxes are definitely the best option out there. The fact that they have the rails that make it so comics won't fall over if the box isnt full is another huge perk to using these boxes. 

I visited a comic shop in Florida while down there on vacation and they had Drawerboxes lining the entire back of the store and in between each stack of 3, which went 5 boxes high, they had a small table so people could pull out any of the boxes completely and put them on the table so they could comfortably browse through the box. It was one of the best comic store designs I have seen to date. I Just don't remember what the name of the shop as it was as it was like 4 -5 years ago.

20 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Agreed. I could never go back to regular comic boxes ever again. Moving to Drawerboxes significantly increased my overall enjoyment of the hobby as it allows one to gain access to any series/book without having to move a single box. And they are incredibly stable, which is really the big difference between Drawerboxes and the same kind of boxes companies like BCW make. IMO, Drawerboxes are definitely the best option out there. The fact that they have the rails that make it so comics won't fall over if the box isnt full is another huge perk to using these boxes. 

I visited a comic shop in Florida while down there on vacation and they had Drawerboxes lining the entire back of the store and in between each stack of 3, which went 5 boxes high, they had a small table so people could pull out any of the boxes completely and put them on the table so they could comfortably browse through the box. It was one of the best comic store designs I have seen to date. I Just don't remember what the name of the shop as it was as it was like 4 -5 years ago.

(thumbsu

On 1/7/2018 at 10:04 PM, JohnFranklin said:

Spider problem solved....6867605931_1850785277_b.thumb.jpg.cc3a3c16462fe4032addc8cc96f48479.jpg

House centipedes are nocturnal hunters that roam through our homes at night searching for prey. They eat spiders, flies, silverfish, moths, roaches, termites, bees, and wasps. So many of our enemies are on thecentipede's menu, you would think we would welcome them. ... Thecentipede won.May 10, 2012

My cat was playing with one of these but before I could do anything he ate it.