• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, drotto said:

We lost our biggest theater. 24 screens gone, to my knowledge, nobody has bought the building. It was an AMC.  We have lost 1/2 the screens within 20 minutes of my house. 

Dont be surprised when they come back with a new name in front of those theaters.

42 minutes ago, drotto said:

We lost our biggest theater. 24 screens gone, to my knowledge, nobody has bought the building. It was an AMC.  We have lost 1/2 the screens within 20 minutes of my house. 

:whatthe:

:(

As a old time lurker(in my mid 50s). I like this movie. I paid my $29.99. It was worth it. For people not in the know when you pay $29.99 you own the movie. I plan to do this with Master of Kung Fu and Eternals. I don't know when I will go back to movie theater. I might be different as my best friend died of the pandemic April  5th and my brother in law died of the pandemic June 3. I was older than both of them,so yeah me paying $29.99 was worth it. I like the movie. Too bad pandemic and China will affect its final numbers  

Edited by The humble Watcher lurking

saw it for the second time this weekend with my daughter and friend, I think you guys are being a little hard on this movie. It's what I expect out of a good action popcorn flick, very enjoyable 2c

I had no problems at all with Taskmaster in the film. First, I could care less that they changed the secret identity of a D-list Avengers villain whose main claim to fame is a classic cover for Avengers #196. It would actually have been kind of silly if the person behind the mask turned out to be some guy called Tony Masters. Get it? T. Master(s)? So clever! Not really.

The identity of Taskmaster in the movie worked for me and was more appropriate to the film's story and added an emotional level that might not have been there otherwise. Before knowing Taskmaster's identity, the character was quite menacing in a Terminator-Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid-being-chased kind of way.

I assume the Taskmaster got its super-strength from an Iron Man-type exoskeleton. I don't believe it was stated in the movie, but it had to be the case. Otherwise I'm not sure how Taskmaster goes toe-to-toe with Red Guardian and punts Natasha around like an old kickball.

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

AMC was the bottom feeder of the absolute worst properties when buying; if they don't want them they must be nuclear dumps

AMC owns about 80% of the theaters in my state.  Last time they acquired more locations in a bulk purchase, the state Supreme Court actually forced them to leave a few out of the deal so they would not be a monopoly in my area.  That is how we got the Picture Show theater near me.  AMC was not allowed to buy it.

15 hours ago, drotto said:

I still like the theater experience.  Nothing else beats a great steak cooked by somebody else from a good restaurant.  I do not like reheated beef, and they cook it better than me.

So call me old school.

My point was that people are lazier than ever, and Disney (among other studios) have opened up a venue that caters to the lazy forks, thereby changing the landscape as we knew it.

‘Black Widow’ Posts Best Non-Holiday Monday During Pandemic At Domestic B.O., Second Weekend Eyed At $24M+

https://deadline.com/2021/07/black-widow-monday-box-office-second-weekend-1234792134/

If accurate (seems unlikely), this would be the biggest 2nd weekend drop of any MCU movie:

image.png.1fd6391bf959c0702cad28d97213fe04.png

Edited by paperheart