• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2018 at 5:39 AM, Hawkman2 said:

hopefully we just get an origin piece. early on, her far more bloody. but i'm definitely looking forward to this. since iron man 3, marvel has only made one movie i cant watch (thor 2).

I really hope the story is in the current time line.  Part of the beauty of the MCU is the continual story line.  Captain Marvel make sense to retro fit given the (assumed) large role she will play not only in Avengers 4, but going forward as well; not to mention explanation of her great power.  As far as the MCU version of BW is concerned I feel enough of her backstory has already been told.

7 hours ago, Oddball said:
9 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’d worry more that Scarlett is a pretty face that can’t act 

She is a drop-dead gorgeous knockout and barely passable as an actor.  She did fine in Lost in Translation which did not require too much from her. I’d rather they recast the role and give us something like Red Sparrow.

Strongly agree, give us the recast 18-year old black widow origin, showing her final year at black widow school and her first mission.  Give it to us in 90's Russia, give us the interplay with Shield/Hydra just a bit.  I'd watch it. 

BUT I don't think there's a market for this movie just now.  It already got saturated with Red Sparrow (which didn't do great), and to a lesser extent Atomic Blonde (good movie!).  It's not fair that there only get to be so many girl superspy movies, but that's our world just now unless they do something really inventive.  And there will be Captain Marvel (I'm thinking a trioliogy, but they might integrate her with GOTG.   But it's also about SELLING A MOVIE and -script to a studio.  And I just don't think that direction is the one where things are leading.

If I WERE MARVEL, I'd just let things run its course on the existing profitable properties, then reboot the whole Universe with Xmen and FF in 5- 10 years.

In the meantime, give us two of these movies each year.  Avengers 4, Black Panther 2-3, Captain Marvel 1-3, GOTG 3, Dr Strange 2 (maybe 3?), Spiderman 2-3 (maybe 4?), toss in another Ant-Man or a one off Winter Soldier.  While we're here, they should do a Nick Fury 70's style origin movie (obviously recast Sam Jackson).

On 10/25/2018 at 5:52 PM, TwoPiece said:

Are you being intentionally cryptic? This isn't a valid response to any of my questions or statements...

Aside from Captain Marvel, none of the above characters are interesting enough for a solo movie. That's the point. I love how you gloss over the entirety of my post, to introduce new dialogue, without first addressing what we were already discussing.

it is absolutely valid. you responded, i countered your response perfectly. checkmate i guess.

7 hours ago, Hawkman2 said:

it is absolutely valid. you responded, i countered your response perfectly. checkmate i guess.

Sorry, not sorry, but you're wrong. Go re-read my post, think about what you did, and respond in proper fashion newbie.

I'll give you a clue: "To a lot of women, this movie is." This movie is... What..? That doesn't answer any question that I had or mirror any sentiment that I conveyed in my post. There are no context clues in my post, or your response, to provide readers with an idea of what you're thinking or attempting to communicate.

Edited by TwoPiece

20 hours ago, revat said:

BUT I don't think there's a market for this movie just now.  It already got saturated with Red Sparrow (which didn't do great), and to a lesser extent Atomic Blonde (good movie!).  It's not fair that there only get to be so many girl superspy movies, but that's our world just now unless they do something really inventive.  And there will be Captain Marvel (I'm thinking a trioliogy, but they might integrate her with GOTG.   But it's also about SELLING A MOVIE and ---script to a studio.  And I just don't think that direction is the one where things are leading.

If I WERE MARVEL, I'd just let things run its course on the existing profitable properties, then reboot the whole Universe with Xmen and FF in 5- 10 years.

I agree with this.

Red Sparrow basically was the Black Widow movie -- and Atomic Blonde was similar in theme, but a bit stronger.

A solo Black Widow film would have worked well four years ago (say...immediately after Winter Soldier) but today I don't see the appeal.

Best case scenario - they end up with a great Russian sleeper spy thriller a la Salt. The problem? We've already seen Salt.

Edited by Gatsby77

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, TwoPiece said:

Cyborg's relationships and genesis are infinitely more interesting than a human spy. If you don't see that, then there's some disconnect here.

i in fact don't see that.  just for kicks, you think the cyborg we saw in that awful movie is "infinitely" more interesting than bond? 

18 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i in fact don't see that.  just for kicks, you think the cyborg we saw in that awful movie is "infinitely" more interesting than bond? 

You live up to your name.

James Bond "exists" in a realistic world. Cyborg and Black Widow exist in universes where being a normal human being isn't compelling. Cyborg is a lot more than a human. Justice League is also a lot better than than an "awful movie" despite Joss Whedon's influence.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:45 PM, Gatsby77 said:

I agree with this.

Red Sparrow basically was the Black Widow movie -- and Atomic Blonde was similar in theme, but a bit stronger.

A solo Black Widow film would have worked well four years ago (say...immediately after Winter Soldier) but today I don't see the appeal.

Best case scenario - they end up with a great Russian sleeper spy thriller a la Salt. The problem? We've already seen Salt.

Agreed re: the timing comment. They needed to do a solo BW film after her peak with the IM2/Avengers 1/Capt America Winter Soldier films when the character could have been the lead female hero. Right now BW is second fiddle to Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel in the MCU. They missed a huge opportunity to strike while BW was hot a few years back. You could argue the same about Winter Soldier - they should have done a Bucky vs. Tasha/Hawkeye/Shield Cold War feature film after the success of CA: WS.

Edited by kimik

2 hours ago, kimik said:

Agreed re: the timing comment. They needed to do a solo BW film after her peak with the IM2/Avengers 1/Capt America Winter Soldier films when the character could have been the lead female hero. Right now BW is second fiddle to Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel in the MCU. They missed a huge opportunity to strike while BW was hot a few years back. You could argue the same about Winter Soldier - they should have done a Bucky vs. Tasha/Hawkeye/Shield Cold War feature film after the success of CA: WS.

I agree, and for what it is worth I would love to see that film.

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I feel both characters are just copies.

Black Panther is kind of a blend of Batman/ Ironman wealth+technology

Black Widow is La Femme Nikita

Black Panther is a King in a protective suit.

Iron Man is a genius in a weaponized suit.

Batman is more a blend of those 2.

T'Challa is a fairly unique character. He's more of a blend between Steve Rogers and Thor.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

Black Panther is a King in a protective suit.

Iron Man is a genius in a weaponized suit.

Batman is more a blend of those 2.

T'Challa is a fairly unique character. He's more of a blend between Steve Rogers and Thor.

Batman came first, followed by Ironman. Black Panther after them. That the person is a king or billionaire makes no difference to me it is the same concept: very wealthy guy has a special suit.

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

Batman came first, followed by Ironman. Black Panther after them. That the person is a king or billionaire makes no difference to me it is the same concept: very wealthy guy has a special suit.

You're a boring person that doesn't pay attention to details..? Um... K...

14 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

You're a boring person that doesn't pay attention to details..? Um... K...

you have a tendency to make your arguments personal attacks. 

I am neither boring nor do I lack attention to detail and I would say if anything I am quite the opposite when it comes to detail.

Sorry that Black Panther doesn't interest me in the slightest. I also thought the movie was lackluster and it did not live up to the hype for me at all. You liked it? If so, I am happy for you that there is content out there for you to enjoy.

FYI: There is nothing wrong with two people having different interests or differing opinions on things but try to stay away from the personal attacks in your discussions on these boards and in life.

It is called mutual respect for others.

7 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

you have a tendency to make your arguments personal attacks. 

I am neither boring nor do I lack attention to detail and I would say if anything I am quite the opposite when it comes to detail.

Sorry that Black Panther doesn't interest me in the slightest. I also thought the movie was lackluster and it did not live up to the hype for me at all. You liked it? If so, I am happy for you that there is content out there for you to enjoy.

FYI: There is nothing wrong with two people having different interests or differing opinions on things but try to stay away from the personal attacks in your discussions on these boards and in life.

It is called mutual respect for others.

I'm not making an argument nor a personal attack. Being a boring person is only offensive if you perceive it that way. If you don't like the truth, then change it.

Conveying something like this is literally the opposite of being detail-oriented:

"That the person is a king or billionaire makes no difference to me it is the same concept: very wealthy guy has a special suit."

So... Instead of forming a side-track to discuss the implications and inferences of emotionless text, maybe consider everything that has been said back-and-forth. Seems like a boring snowflake can't handle the truth IMO.

Edit: I do like the Black Panther film. It's a solid movie outside of its treatment to Klaue, and I'm not an easy person to please.

Edited by TwoPiece
Quote added.