• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2021 at 12:19 PM, paperheart said:

WW2 was released? missed that.

You should check with this fellow

On 1/24/2021 at 12:30 PM, paperheart said:

:ohnoez:

In its 5th wknd, #WonderWoman1984

WonderWoman_84_Dec_2020.png

dropped to 3rd place with $1.6M putting domestic #boxoffice cume at $37.7M. Intl mkts added $2.1M (down a sharp 60% thx in part to huge drop in Russia) for total of $110.3M putting global at $148M.

:baiting:

I predicted this long before I saw the David Harbour character in clips. While he is supposed to really help the movie's humor, he looks so bad, so silly. The right tone matters & that ain't right. When this movie was announced. the only question was why? Why do that? Why announce such a film? Do you hate yourself that badly, Marvel? Over at Disney+, the same question goes for Hawkeye. I detect self-loathing in the House of Mouse.

On 7/21/2021 at 3:46 PM, TupennyConan said:

I predicted this long before I saw the David Harbour character in clips. While he is supposed to really help the movie's humor, he looks so bad, so silly. The right tone matters & that ain't right. When this movie was announced. the only question was why? Why do that? Why announce such a film? Do you hate yourself that badly, Marvel? Over at Disney+, the same question goes for Hawkeye. I detect self-loathing in the House of Mouse.

I hate to say it. But I had a bad feeling when that Captain Marvel interview with Victoria Alonso and she took time to trash the X-Men name as outdated, ignorant of the fact Stan Lee had crafted the title with female team members right from the beginning.

In no way is Marvel Studios going to crash and burn. Not going to happen. But it does appear as if Phase IV decisions are being driven from more than Feige, with certain biases factored into the stories. Sorry!

On 7/21/2021 at 4:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

In no way is Marvel Studios going to crash and burn. Not going to happen. But it does appear as if Phase IV decisions are being driven from more than Feige, with certain biases factored into the stories. Sorry!

Marvel is going to be fine.

I understand why you mention those possible P4 motivations or goals. That motivation & those goals exist, by what degree I can't measure. It might be very large. I'm not convinced that has impacted the creative decision making in any negative way. I'd be willing to gamble there's been no negative impact on profits & fan satisfaction.

What I see going on in BW is simple: really dull MCU character, even duller actor. This is my precise opinion of Hawkeye.

&, as an aside, I reckon the motivation & goal under discussion had little to do with the greenlight of Browneye.   

On 7/21/2021 at 4:17 PM, TupennyConan said:

Marvel is going to be fine.

I understand why you mention those possible P4 motivations or goals. That motivation & those goals exist, by what degree I can't measure. It might be very large. I'm not convinced that has impacted the creative decision making in any negative way. I'd be willing to gamble there's been no negative impact on profits & fan satisfaction.

What I see going on in BW is simple: really dull MCU character, even duller actor. This is my precise opinion of Hawkeye.

&, as an aside, I reckon the motivation & goal under discussion had little to do with the greenlight of Browneye.   

When they announced The Mutants in place of X-Men with the excuse "This was what Stan Lee wanted to call it back in 1963 - so we want to honor his wishes" that dismissed 58 years of amazing work to get a comic book massive staple established and continuously growing. Unfortunately, because someone may have felt 'X-Men' dismisses the female members of the team without realizing it means 'mankind'.

Even that goofy line that ended up in Dark Phoenix about the women carrying the team's weight so maybe drop 'X-Men' happened when Disney acquisition executives were starting to appear on-site for pending Fox films. It's too coincidental to not be tied to that statement.

'greenlight of Browneye' :roflmao:

On 7/21/2021 at 9:48 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

WandaVision is F'ed because, although they write her to be a villain, they don't convey that she is the villain. She's the protagonist of the show, absolutely (and that makes sense), but the story is written to make everyone else look morally bad (including the 'villain' Agnes).

Again, as noted above, it's clear by the end of the show that Wanda's both the protagonist *and* the villain.

The arc of her personal grief does not at all justify what she did to the people of Westview, let alone to the government soldiers whom she hurt along the way.

Not sure how that's anything but crystal clear.

And yeah - I know it's not the most reliable source, but "We Got This Covered" is now reporting the rumor that Scarlet Witch is the "big bad" in Doctor Strange 3.

Sounds about right.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:34 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Again, as noted above, it's clear by the end of the show that Wanda's both the protagonist *and* the villain.

The arc of her personal grief does not at all justify what she did to the people of Westview, let alone to the government soldiers whom she hurt along the way.

Not sure how that's anything but crystal clear.

And yeah - I know it's not the most reliable source, but "We Got This Covered" is now reporting the rumor that Scarlet Witch is the "big bad" in Doctor Strange 3.

Sounds about right.

:roflmao:

Please - stop. The stomach pains are too much.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It isn't. The show goes out of its way to make her look like the 'good guy'.

I do not know if it makes her into the true good guy, but it sure makes her look like the victim. Once the victim, all her actions become justified. 

On 7/22/2021 at 2:45 PM, drotto said:

I do not know if it makes her into the true good guy, but it sure makes her look like the victim. Once the victim, all her actions become justified. 

But that sendoff in the end with Monica is far from "You bad villain" and more a pity scene that cuts her loose from any responsibility.

That's part of the show closure that didn't come together as strong as the earlier parts of the show.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

But that sendoff in the end with Monica is far from "You bad villain" and more a pity scene that cuts her loose from any responsibility.

That's part of the show closure that didn't come together as strong as the earlier parts of the show.

The sendoff was by far the weakest part of the show, apart from the comically badly written and portrayed Shield director.  They failed too call her out for the villain she was, and absolved her from any meaningful consequences.  Wanda's hurt feeling's and emotions were of curse more important then the law, or anyone that suffered because of them. Monica's actions were completely illogical for anyone involved in law enforcement, especially, if my guess is right, and she will now be assuming a position of power. What she did is dereliction of duty, and would likely get her kicked out, if not court-martialed. Monica basically said, I feel bad for you because you have been through so much, I have decided to give you a pass for kidnaping, endangering, and potentially killing people. Oh yeah, you also get a pass for breaking into government facilities and stealing. I got your back honey. 

It was poor writing.  I do not know if that stemmed from a deeper agenda, just plain bad writing, or hesitation on Disney's part to commit to Wanda becoming a villain. 

This all pains me to admit because I really liked the initial setup, and love Elizabeth Olsen in the role.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:11 PM, drotto said:

The sendoff was by far the weakest part of the show, apart from the comically badly written and portrayed Shield director.  They failed too call her out for the villain she was, and absolved her from any meaningful consequences.  Wanda's hurt feeling's and emotions were of curse more important then the law, or anyone that suffered because of them. Monica's actions were completely illogical for anyone involved in law enforcement, especially, if my guess is right, and she will now be assuming a position of power. What she did is dereliction of duty, and would likely get her kicked out, if not court-martialed. Monica basically said, I feel bad for you because you have been through so much, I have decided to give you a pass for kidnaping, endangering, and potentially killing people. Oh yeah, you also get a pass for breaking into government facilities and stealing. I got your back honey. 

It was poor writing.  I do not know if that stemmed from a deeper agenda, just plain bad writing, or hesitation on Disney's part to commit to Wanda becoming a villain. 

This all pains me to admit because I really liked the initial setup, and love Elizabeth Olsen in the role.

All of this is generally correct. The show was tons of fun. It was also endlessly confused by its own premise [those commercials were what again?] and a moral wrecking ball.  

On 7/22/2021 at 3:18 PM, TupennyConan said:

All of this is generally correct. The show was tons of fun. It was also endlessly confused by its own premise [those commercials were what again?] and a moral wrecking ball.  

The commercials made sense if they had left Dr. Strange in.  Again, poor choices.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:22 PM, drotto said:

The commercials made sense if they had left Dr. Strange in.  Again, poor choices.

In the earlier iteration, Strange used them to capture Wanda's attention & then to capture Wanda & install her in some backwater pocket dimension for the rest of eternity. 

On 7/22/2021 at 3:22 PM, drotto said:

On 7/22/2021 at 3:25 PM, TupennyConan said:

In the earlier iteration, Strange used them to capture Wanda's attention & then to capture Wanda & install her in some backwater pocket dimension for the rest of eternity. 

I was reading in We Got This Covered the other day...

:roflmao: