• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Boston

35 posts in this topic

Except there'll be more stuff since I'll have room to spread out and I won't look like such a goof.

oh don't be silly. of course you will

I'll be at a table in the artist's room with my name plastered all over it smile.gif It'll look something like this:

DSCN2602.jpg

Except there'll be more stuff since I'll have room to spread out and I won't look like such a goof.

ahhhhh...that's you! we spoke at the last boston show...cool...

i was(am) interested in that horror artwork you have there on the table...i didn't get a chance

to come back by as i had a table too. i think you mentioned how you learned the technique

of drawing myriad blades of grass from wrightson...at the ny and boston shows, i set up tables and buy/sell/trade horror/mystery comics and artwork...

i hope to see some of you at the show !!!

ahhhhh...that's you! we spoke at the last boston show...cool...

i was(am) interested in that horror artwork you have there on the table...i didn't get a chance

to come back by as i had a table too. i think you mentioned how you learned the technique

of drawing myriad blades of grass from wrightson...at the ny and boston shows, i set up tables and buy/sell/trade horror/mystery comics and artwork...

i hope to see some of you at the show !!!

I remember the conversation, that's pretty nutty that you're on the forums... I'll definitely be there and so will that zombie piece smile.gif Swing by and say hi.

I'm buying a full 8 foot table.

What are you gonna do with it? confused-smiley-013.gif

I hope you reserved already as artists alley is sold ot for Boston Wizardworld. See you July 24 at the Boston Show at the Radisson.

I didn't! As you probably know, Bob Shaw wasn't able to get tables for people either. Complete bummer.

I just saw on comicart-l that GENE COLAN, who Wizard is pimping as a headliner for the show, was unable to get Artist's Alley space 27_laughing.gif

So you and Gene will just be camping outside the conference and make your own Artist's Alley outside? smile.gif

Pardon my ignorance, but how does Wizard World usually work, do all artists, famous or not, usually sit in Artist's Alley, or do big names usually hang out on the big areas that, say DC or Marvel set up? If I want to look for good Original Art, or autographs, is Artist's Alley the place to go?

So you and Gene will just be camping outside the conference and make your own Artist's Alley outside? smile.gif

Pardon my ignorance, but how does Wizard World usually work, do all artists, famous or not, usually sit in Artist's Alley, or do big names usually hang out on the big areas that, say DC or Marvel set up? If I want to look for good Original Art, or autographs, is Artist's Alley the place to go?

Artists that pay for Artist's Alley tables sit in Artist's Alley. Some of them are famous (Billy Tucci and David Mack are regulars in AA for example), others are not so famous (like me smile.gif).

The REALLY big guys usually only do signings in specific "autograph areas." Those are like big corrals and people shuffle through to get their stuff signed.

Lots of artists also do signings at publisher booths and for charities like ACTOR. All day throughout the show you'll here "X is now signing at the Top Cow Booth" type announcements.

If you want to buy Original Art, you can definitely check AA. Lots of folks have original pages for sale. You can also check with the OA dealers that set up. Many of them represent some of the artists that are featured at the show and carry extensive selections of their work for all those hungry fans... For example, Albert Moy is sure to have a ton of Cassaday and Jim Lee's art on hand if either are headliners. Actually, he's sure to have a ton of their art on hand regardless, but you get the point.

I'm really finding it hard to fathom that WW is not allowing more space for AA.

The last time there was a multi-day comic show at the Bayside, they had to cut the available space in half so it wouldn't look so empty. I think it was within the last 2 years. Main promoter was a Canadian outfit.

You're telling me Wizard is going to pack the place with dealers at $800 a table? Who are they going to sell to?

I'm really finding it hard to fathom that WW is not allowing more space for AA.

You and me both...

The last time there was a multi-day comic show at the Bayside, they had to cut the available space in half so it wouldn't look so empty. I think it was within the last 2 years. Main promoter was a Canadian outfit.

You're telling me Wizard is going to pack the place with dealers at $800 a table? Who are they going to sell to?

That was the miserable Hobbystar show.

When you find out please send them to primatepromotions.com

I'm familiar with their operation... poke2.gifhi.gif

I really hope I'm wrong, but presently I cannot see myself doing well at a three day show in Boston where the table fee is $800. I just sent in my paperwork for Chicago to Wizard, but the Boston show seems like a bad move for me.

Maybe the Hobbystar show just left me 'jaded'. It's so local to me, I almost cannot afford --NOT-- to set up. I'll be at the Primate regular Boston show in July though, if Dave will have me...