• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS : Episode IX December 20, 2019
6 6

2,429 posts in this topic

Distribution sources always say that people don’t begin to go to the movies until after Christmas, however, Disney’s Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is the exception to that rule (and possible even Jumanji: The Next Level with a $30M+ start, maybe more). Skywalker is still looking at a $200M+ debut, though some firms are playing it safe and calling it lower at $175M when it opens on Dec. 20.

a $175MM open and TLJ-like 2.8x multiple, gets you to $500MMish US.

A producer for Tron Legacy (among a host of other films and shows) is giving a class at Columbia about Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The class is specifically about how to avoid writing a terrible screenplay like TLJ. It apparently explains all of its failings as a screenplay like being emotional dead and completely disjointed.

Found that sort of funny considering how many people swear this piece of poo is some great addition to the series.

https://d-rezzed.clownfishtv.com/video/the-last-jedi-used-to-teach-bad-screenwriting-in-colleges/

Edited by zhamlau

5 hours ago, zhamlau said:

A producer for Tron Legacy (among a host of other films and shows) is giving a class at Columbia about Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The class is specifically about how to avoid writing a terrible screenplay like TLJ. It apparently explains all of its failings as a screenplay like being emotional dead and completely disjointed.

Found that sort of funny considering how many people swear this piece of poo is some great addition to the series.

https://d-rezzed.clownfishtv.com/video/the-last-jedi-used-to-teach-bad-screenwriting-in-colleges/

What does this mean?

If you wanna be a good filmmaker - go to Columbia!

:banana:

I just want this to be released so that all of the terrible brand promotion commercials associated to the movie will finally end.

Edited by mattn792

7 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Why am I getting spammed with stories about Daisy Ridley not “acknowledging her privilege”? I’ve see like 5 different sources talking about this like it’s some sort of huge deal.

It cannot be discussed without receiving a warning for discussing politics.

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

Why am I getting spammed with stories about Daisy Ridley not “acknowledging her privilege”? I’ve see like 5 different sources talking about this like it’s some sort of huge deal.

What is that even supposed to mean?

On 12/6/2019 at 1:19 AM, zhamlau said:

This.

I just don't understand how people can defend TLJ! It was horrible!