• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The WE LOVE Stan Lee thread!
3 3

203 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2018 at 8:42 AM, mattn792 said:

"Hi Stan, I'd like this to look really bad, please put an upside down signature on the cover!" 

s-l1600.jpg

Insult would've been complete had he also hit Wolverine and Hulk's faces.

:eek: Oh man, that's bad.  I remember a Strange Tales 110 that had an upside down sig too.

So the guy in the goofy suit and hat just says 'Stan Lee'...........'Stan Lee'...........'Stan Lee'...........'Stan Lee'........with every item passed in front of him.  

Report Elder Abuse

Each California County has an Adult Protective Services (APS) agency to help elder adults (65 years and older) and dependent adults (18-64 who are disabled), when these adults are unable to meet their own needs, or are victims of abuse, neglect or exploitation.  County APS agencies investigate reports of abuse of elders and dependent adults who live in private homes, apartments, hotels or hospitals .

14 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

So the guy in the goofy suit and hat just says 'Stan Lee'...........'Stan Lee'...........'Stan Lee'...........'Stan Lee'........with every item passed in front of him.  

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Report Elder Abuse<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Each California County has an Adult Protective Services (APS) agency to help elder adults (65 years and older) and dependent adults (18-64 who are disabled), when these adults are unable to meet their own needs, or are victims of abuse, neglect or exploitation.  County APS agencies investigate reports of abuse of elders and dependent adults who live in private homes, apartments, hotels or hospitals .

You're eff'ing A right.  That's exactly what it is.

image.jpeg.213730366e4f19ad4bd472f828b71cd0.jpeg

image.jpeg.578676da48c8b551929854dbf0b046fa.jpegimage.jpeg.f2c9aa664ade5a593e5c401b27b0a80d.jpegimage.jpeg.f06df261ddc57e198371a04d06951eac.jpegCame across these signatures from SVCC, the sad part is they're all real... These are just unrecognizable, except the last one where stan signed over Jack Kirby's signature and was literally drawing circles on the cover before being corrected by his handlers. What happened to all of his last appearance announcements in 2016? Every con he attended was claimed his last, but I figure that was all bull ...

Edited by Canadiancomics

13 minutes ago, Canadiancomics said:

image.jpeg.f06df261ddc57e198371a04d06951eac.jpeg
Came across these signatures from SVCC, the sad part is they're all real... These are just unrecognizable, except the last one where stan signed over Jack Kirby's signature and was literally drawing circles on the cover before being corrected by his handlers. What happened to all of his last appearance announcements in 2016? Every con he attended was claimed his last, but I figure that was all bull mess...

Whoa. 

31 minutes ago, Canadiancomics said:

image.jpeg.213730366e4f19ad4bd472f828b71cd0.jpeg

image.jpeg.578676da48c8b551929854dbf0b046fa.jpegimage.jpeg.f2c9aa664ade5a593e5c401b27b0a80d.jpegimage.jpeg.f06df261ddc57e198371a04d06951eac.jpegCame across these signatures from SVCC, the sad part is they're all real... These are just unrecognizable, except the last one where stan signed over Jack Kirby's signature and was literally drawing circles on the cover before being corrected by his handlers. What happened to all of his last appearance announcements in 2016? Every con he attended was claimed his last, but I figure that was all bull ...

Horrible, this no longer Stan Lee, "Stan The Man Lee" is gone, now there's just a man who used to be him - so sad.

Seriously, this needs to stop.

Someone - ANYONE - here who has any connection to Stan or his daughter MUST act. This is elderly abuse!

Edited by jcjames

On 3/22/2018 at 11:27 AM, Aliens said:

look they are brothers!

IMG_0464.thumb.PNG.bf398563ce3f239a7881f40104c5be39.png

5a4535e23a5f4_FF52SS-l1600.jpg.09d58177773b33ac22f812246bbdcbbe.jpg

On 3/22/2018 at 11:27 AM, Aliens said:

look they are brothers!

IMG_0464.thumb.PNG.bf398563ce3f239a7881f40104c5be39.png

5a4535e23a5f4_FF52SS-l1600.jpg.09d58177773b33ac22f812246bbdcbbe.jpg

But why? There's plenty of room at the bottom. You could place it between torch's trail flame & thing's left arm

49 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Whoa. 

Goodbye Jack Kirby signature. Farewell, old friend..

While I realize that the intent to have both Stan and Jack signatures on the cover, a super rarity in comic autograph circles, to expose the Kirby signature to the random placement of a Lee signature that is usually the case in the past few years is to expose the Kirby to the possibility of exactly what happened, a horrifying double signature fail, a bird in the hand turned into nothing in the bush.

Edited by James J Johnson

I am VERY disturbed at what I am seeing in this thread right now.

Please, let's stop the signatures and simply honor the man.  It's become a circus sideshow now.

Perhaps, Marvel movies should consider the same thing with the Stan appearances.  Let the man rest.  Perhaps opt for a CG appearance of Stan

Edited by gadzukes

10 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I am VERY disturbed at what I am seeing in this thread right now.

Please, let's stop the signatures and simply honor the man.  It's become a circus sideshow now.

Perhaps, Marvel movies should consider the same thing with the Stan appearances.  Let the man rest.  Perhaps opt for a CG appearance of Stan

Wherever there's a cash cow, there will be all types of hucksters queuing in line with a bucket to get their gallon before they milk it into the boneyard. And even then, the vultures will be the persistent ones, circling the carcass to assure its picked clean. Being human is inhuman in nature. What's supposed to happen is that Stan's daughter, the one person who rightfully should have the biggest stake in Stan's well being, is supposed to be his bulwark against the users. She's supposed to be on this, and if she can't, she's supposed to hire someone who can, will, and then provide oversight on this person. But the responsibility is hers. At this point, whatever befalls Stan is on her. She's the one that's supposed to put her foot down if Stan can't..

Edited by James J Johnson

16 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Wherever there's a cash cow, there will be all types of hucksters queuing in line with a bucket to get their gallon before they milk it into the boneyard. And even then, the vultures will be the persistent ones, circling the carcass to assure its picked clean. Being human is inhuman in nature. What's supposed to happen is that Stan's daughter, the one person who rightfully should have the biggest stake in Stan's well being, is supposed to be him bulwark against the users. She's supposed to be on this, and if she can't, she's supposed to hire someone who can, will, and then provide oversight on this person. But the responsibility is hers. At this point, whatever befalls Stan is on her. She's the one that's supposed to put her foot down if Stan can't..

The people in line are people who love Stan.  Anyone with a sense of humanity standing in that line should step up and say something to the organizers or handlers. That video looked bad to me.... am I over reacting or seeing something that's not really there?

33 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

am I over reacting or seeing something that's not really there?

No.  This is a huge change from Stan Lee I saw 2 years ago.   He is obviously on a serious decline, and he should be resting.  The photo op's that Bleeding Cool posted were scary.  He looks bewildered, and confused.   Time to retire.  Time for us to let him ride off into the sunset.   

Edited by Mercury Man