• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on this Amazing Spiderman #8

36 posts in this topic

Thanks guys you've been really helpful, I'll let you know how it turns out next year when I get it back.

Actually, this may not be the right forum for it, but does the concensus of opinion believe that CGC is always the way to go with grading? Th reason I ask is because I'm drawn to PGX because I'm from the UK and so there's already delays in shipping it back and forth and also the prices are that bit cheaper. The grading is important of course but I'm probably interested in getting the comic encapsulated, and so permanently(-ish) protected, more than anything else.

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

If you are keeping the book - just put it in a 4-mil Mylar (Silver/Gold Archive) with a 48-mil buffered fullback - that's the best way to protect a book. Only slab it if you plan to sell it, and yes, the consensus here is CGC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

42 mil Full Back. gossip.gifpoke2.gif

Aside from Divad not knowing how thick a Full Back is wink.gif, isn't that redundant? All Full Backs are 42 mil. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks guys you've been really helpful, I'll let you know how it turns out next year when I get it back.

Actually, this may not be the right forum for it, but does the concensus of opinion believe that CGC is always the way to go with grading? Th reason I ask is because I'm drawn to PGX because I'm from the UK and so there's already delays in shipping it back and forth and also the prices are that bit cheaper. The grading is important of course but I'm probably interested in getting the comic encapsulated, and so permanently(-ish) protected, more than anything else.

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

If you are keeping the book - just put it in a 4-mil Mylar (Silver/Gold Archive) with a 48-mil buffered fullback - that's the best way to protect a book. Only slab it if you plan to sell it, and yes, the consensus here is CGC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sorry.gif I always assumed that a "fullback" was twice a "halfback"

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

Aside from Divad not knowing how thick a Full Back is wink.gif, isn't that redundant? All Full Backs are 42 mil. confused-smiley-013.gif

Redundant or not, you just used five times as many words to make the same point I made. (Is it better to be pedantic or redundant? poke2.gif) Also, I was pointing out the error in thickness of the Full Back. Tough to do that without noting the thickness, and since he also said "4 mil Mylar" it would have been ambiguous if I had just said "42 mil."

poke2.gif

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

It's not redundant - it's descriptive wink.gif

You know, Diva, it would make sense, but when does anything in this hobby make sense? insane.gif

BTW, I did't know how thick a Comic Full back was either. yay.gif

You could fill the Pacific Ocean with what you don't know. poke2.gifyay.gif

You know, Diva, it would make sense, but when does anything in this hobby make sense? insane.gif

BTW, I did't know how thick a Comic Full back was either. yay.gif

You could fill the Pacific Ocean with what you don't know. poke2.gifyay.gif

frown.gif

7.0? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Well the Marvel Team-Up #1 you're selling "has excellent corners, tremendous cover gloss, brilliant colors, and fantastic overall eye appeal" so some 7s must be ok? wink.gif

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Well the Marvel Team-Up #1 you're selling "has excellent corners, tremendous cover gloss, brilliant colors, and fantastic overall eye appeal" so some 7s must be ok? wink.gif

Mark,

One thing you may learn after a while is that all of the threads are connected in a way. I was replying to Hobgoblin's comment, with a reference to the ridiculously low grade he gave a book in the grading contest, i.e., it was a JOKE. I wasn't referring to the grade of your book at all. If you look at each reply, you will see who the poster is replying to.

hi.gif Oh yes, btw, 7.0's are great! (for some books)

cheers,

screwy.gifIt's been a while since Scott has actually read anything that he didn't write . . . 27_laughing.gif

screwy.gifIt's been a while since Scott has actually read anything that he didn't write . . . 27_laughing.gif

It's been awhile since David has undergraded anything. poke2.gif