• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First SA Joker Appearance

13 posts in this topic

I've always considered it to be Batman 110, although as you pointed out Overstreet doesn't mention this.

What OS does mention is that Batman 103 is the first SA issue of the title (although you'd be hard pressed to notice any change from 102). So 110 is a fairly safe bet.

Could be a sleeper - however THIS VF copy in the recently concluded Vault auction went for considerably over guide, so people may well be aware......

I've always considered it to be Batman 110, although as you pointed out Overstreet doesn't mention this.

What OS does mention is that Batman 103 is the first SA issue of the title (although you'd be hard pressed to notice any change from 102). So 110 is a fairly safe bet.

Could be a sleeper - however THIS VF copy in the recently concluded Vault auction went for considerably over guide, so people may well be aware......

That sure is a nice looking copy for a VF! hail.gif

Hey Andy,

How 'bout the first SA Joker cover - for me the app is meaningless unless it's a cover app - and I mean a good cover app! (not like The Penguin on #155) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif

141_4_0000136.jpg

Hey Andy,

How 'bout the first SA Joker cover - for me the app is meaningless unless it's a cover app - and I mean a good cover app! (not like The Penguin on #155) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif

141_4_0000136.jpg

The more I look at that cover, the more bizarre it gets. Nevertheless it's the 1st SA Joker cover (unless some wiseguy tongue.gif can prove otherwise).

As far as 1st SA appearance, World's Finest 88 came out May-June 57 and Batman 110 came out Sept 57. So I guess Deathlok is the winner. Thanks guys for helping me figure this out! At least his first SA app wasn't in an unexpected title like Catwoman(Lois Lane 70).

I doff my cap to 'lok on this occasion - still surprised that OS doesn't mention it, tho'....

I think the reason for not mentioning first SA appearance of Joker was that he was never really absent from the Batman saga. There were much larger gaps with regards to the Riddler or Scarecrow or Penguin making their re-appearance all the more "poignant."

Excellent point, Adam. As I was reading this I was thinking the exact same thing. There really isn't a significant gap as the Joker is a pretty ubiquitous presence through the years of the run, as you said.

Joe

But since I already have a copy, I'm perfectly okay with it getting a big price bump in the OPG! devil.gif

Besides, it is the first time that Joker and Luthor team up.

840948-WF88.jpg

840948-WF88.jpg.a269b5a65a05a9f0a2fb30bcb324ecc9.jpg