• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to CGC and grading time turnaround!

49 posts in this topic

That's not what I was trying to put out there. Maybe the numbers always seem to break even or just barely profit, which in my overachieving mind is a "loss" or failure.

It is a loss if murph was just trying to figure out the cost against the return on some of the Modern sales I've had recently. However, I've not sold or posted my recent inventory to get me out of the "red". As some may have noted before, I have been holding back CGC sales until now. Time to get of the red!!! smile.gif

As a collector of USM higrades, then no, it is not a true "loss" in that sense. I hold the highest grade of each book for myself so they never figure into the numbers.

actually the eBay sales come up with quick cash to help contribute towards such things...but I still have a day job that takes care of those for the most part.

Okay, so it's a bad idea if you want to sell...and we've determined that a lot of the people who CGC stuff..are looking to sell at least one of the books..with the exception of spending 45 dollars a book to get it back in about a month..it just seems unlikely that a ton of people will continue to use the service...seems unlikely but I'm sure they still will... :\

Brian

Oooooooo...kay.

I found out why I have not yet received my Modern books...

They're lost.

Contacted CGC, and Kim said the tracking # is valid. Unfortunately, the Post Office disagreed; they say their is no tracking #. But they do have the manifest for it.

?

Hopefully they'll have found it by manana (according to Kim). She's been helpful, supportive & informative. But losing a 30+ pound box with 36 slabbed books?!! The PO continues to get me PO'd!!

And here's the kicker, I requested Fed-Ex for shipping, but the invoice shows PO. Even though I received my Express back through Fed-Ex and I submitted them at the same time!

And I know you peeps are dying to know what books are in danger of being residents of "The Postal Zone." Here's a sampling:

AS #252

AS#300

Batman DKR #1

Secret Wars #8

Power Pack #27 (Wolvie & Sabre)

Sandman #1

What If #31

Transformers #1 (the 1st series)

Ok everyone, take your shots!!

If not found, I've insured for around $800 total.

CGC offered to tell me the grades, but I'm waiting in case they're found (it's so much more Christmassy seeing for myself).

Bummer! I spoke with Gemma today just to confirm that my Modern group had been shipped (indeedy on 9.26.02). Got my fingers crossed the PO doesn't lose this one!

How do they lose a registered package anyway??? Doesn't it have to be signed for every step of the way?

P.S. Is it just me or is the black color on the Forums a bit bolder today?

see...always a reasonable explanation. smile.gif

As for these:

AS #252 -1st black costume in reg series - smile.gif

AS#300 - 1st Venom and last black costume in regular series - smile.gif

Batman DKR #1 - even at 9.9, they are selling low at $30-40 b/c of mixed reviews frown.gif

Secret Wars #8 - 1st black costume/alien symbiote - smile.gif

Power Pack #27 (Wolvie & Sabre) crazy.gif

Sandman #1 confused.gif Don't enjoy Gaiman, not that there's anything wrong with that... wink.gif

What If #31 - hulk vs wolvie smile.gif

Transformers #1 (the 1st series) smile.gif

Great picks overall

Darth,

I 'll either be happy laugh.gif or sad frown.gif with your reviews depending on whether they're found or not. Thanx for your input. cool.gif

Mixed reviews on DKR?? You do know I'm talking about the Dark Knight 1st series (1st printing), right?

Not into Gaiman either; but at the time he was red hot. This is one I'll sell (if I can).

Power Pack #27- OK all you X-Freaksss, name all non-Xbooks books containing both Wolvie & Sabre (with cover apps) up through 12/86. I dare ya.

And Darth, I cordially invite you to stuff your "reasonable explanation." blush.gif

Domo Origato; You are the Modern Man!!

Rick

Brian,

You're dissing my ASMs??

If it makes you feel any better, I have a #61 in my Econo batch...?

Sorry dude, I'm one of those DC insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. I don't know any better. Can't even remember where i got most of my Marvel er, uh...graphic literature. smirk.gif

Rick

Uh...Oli?

CGC also told me my package was on it's way last week. Did you get the tracking # & check on the USPS/Fed-Ex site? That's how you'll know for sure. smile.gif

I don't know how something like this happens. Maybe I got several 9.9s and 10.0s so it's been arranged that my package be mysteriously lost. Ooops!! Books go bye-bye. Then I check ebay the following week & I see similar books going buy-buy!! Boy wouldn't that be a kick in the ice crystals. D'oh!!!

Rick

totally went over my head on the DKR...my comment applied to DK2 # 1: DKSB - sorry for any confusion.

Dude, I hope your high grade 9.9 books are found by some strange backwoods family and they use them as placemats and coasters. Picture a nice coffee ring on the face of one of your books; especially that Power Pack. It would serve best as a clipboard! wink.gif

Prescreens take a tad longer. I submitted these at the same time as the ones noted at the beginning of this thread. They came in last night 10/01/2002, approx one week later than direct graded submissions at modern tier. 60 books...a whole lotta list... frown.gif

CGC was FAST baby!!!! laugh.gif

I sent in 13 books total: 2 Re-holders & 11 to be graded.

CGC received the books 10-21-02 & I have already received my re-holdered books today in California (10-25-02). SUPER-FAST turnaround! Now just waiting for the 11 other books to be graded tongue.gif

Thanks CGC!

Yep, they have gotten through the San Diego books already as they are now shipping books received as of August 8th. That is the officially receipt date for the books that I dropped off on August 1st. smile.gif

One positive of a CGC market slowdown should be increased turnaround efficiency. The days of submitting any book with a nice spine for grading will be gone.