• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Showcase 27!
1 1

9 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cydwarren said:

Let me know what you think! You're input is greatly appreciated.

Right in the middle: should CGC at 6.0, maybe one tic less if they hit the bottom rhc crease hard. Press won't do much to smooth out that threadbare spine, though may be worth a try.

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, Lucky Baru said:

I'd go a 5.0.

That cover is so  nice that it's going to pull up a technical 5.0. Most of that spine wear is more evident edge on than face front. Reminds me of many "Constanzaed" books that had spine realignment therapy (that has not been done here). The more that spine wear is centralized to the edge of the spine, or slightly to the back cover, the less CGC will ding the grade because of it, and this is a book with tremendous paper quality, pedigree-like colors. These eye-appeal factors will impact the grading at CGC and skew the grade up either to 5.5 as is, or 6.0 if a press is done and it's at all successful in flattening, or battening down some of those spine kicks and fractures.  

Edited by James J Johnson