• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I saw Batman Begins last night!

21 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed it - tons of great action, good dialogue, great props - a really fun movie.

The origin scene and the young bruce wayne scenes were different from the comic books but there was a strong Batman Year One and Batman 232-245 "Tales of the Demon" influence.

Christian Bale doesn't disappoint, especially in a "Batman Begins" role - I think Michael Keaton played a more mature Batman perfectly but for the novice Batman Bale was great. A really nice juxtaposition.

Katie Holmes was whatever - no Kim Bassinger that's for sure, but not horrible. I didn't feel much chemistry between the two but maybe that's just me.

Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Cillian Murphy and Michael Caine all played their parts perfectly. I was very impressed with Michael Caine. As the newsarama guy said, finally they give Alfred some well deserved air time.

That's really all I want to say to not give away anything but I hope you all get a chance to check it out - I think you'll like it!

DAM

Hey Dave,

Yeah, I saw it too! I loved it, except there was this really loud-mouthed Batman geek sitting next to me. Oh wait, that was you! smile.gif

Thanks again for the tickets, Dave!

I echo what Dave said: A great movie that I will see again in theatres when it opens. They kept the corniness to a minimum, which is a good thing. Great casting, and they all delivered.

Can't wait till everyone sees it, so we can all jump in on the Batman Begins thread.

And, regarding whether it'll do better than FF? After seeing this movie, I think FF will only be able to compete because of how dark and scary the Batman movie is (not very kid-friendly).

Best,

because of how dark and scary the Batman movie is (not very kid-friendly).

893applaud-thumb.gif Batman done right should be dark and scary. Can't wait to see it. How did you two get so lucky??

hail.gif You guys are so lucky. I can't wait to see it. Finally, Batman done the way Bob Kane first envisioned him. I did like the first Burton movie though. You guys think it's better than that one?

Isn't DAM the biggest BatFan in the Northeast?

Jim

Well he's up there - that sucks DAM I was hoping it would suck so you'd sell me some of your Batman books at a discount 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif I'm glad they went dark and kick as rather than corney and poof, pow, bam. screwy.gif

Was it better than the Burton Batman of 1989?

Not sure it's a fair comparison. The two "takes" on Batman are quite different. My gut feeling is that this one is better, but then again I haven't seen the original 1989 movie in quite some time, and I may be biased by the fact that I just saw this one and am still excited about it.

Best,

Thanks DAM for getting me, Steve and Dave (Metro in the hizzy ya'll) into seeing the pre=premiere! MOvei was fun, well done, good acting. Things that annoyed me were a few plot holes and a few suspend my disbelief a little too much...but otherwise great-last few minutes of movie were so cool-you will all love it!!!!!!!!!

*Note to DAM- glad you were happy with the timely sales and price realizations on your consignments-thanks for the email this morning!

VZ

*Note to DAM- glad you were happy with the timely sales and price realizations on your consignments-thanks for the email this morning!

VZ

Thanks you for the help with the books VZ - I'm really starting to get a nice little nest egg for a GA key thanks to some great sales!

Guys, you all have to go and see Batman Begins it was awesome. In response to was it better than 1989? I will throw out there that it is just "different". I thought that Christian Bale did a great job portraying the whole Bruce Wayne coming into Batman and Michael Keaton did a great job with the more mature and established Batman. They are just different points in the Batman's life.

In regards to will Batman Begins make more money that the Fantastic Four, I have to say a big YES. FF doesn't have the brand recognition outside of comicdome that Batman has and the trailers look fun but nothing special. Plus when you conisder that this movie is the end of the line in 2005 - coming after Star Wars and Batman, people may just be all comic book movied out except for the die hards who would see it anyways.

Warner Brothers did a great job - really good character development, great action scenes and they left a nice little calling card for a sequel,