• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 16 and CA 100 (grade in)

18 posts in this topic

7.0 on the Avengers 16

8.5 on the Cap 100

The Cap is in the Exceptional class because of the cover whites, deep black coloration (most of them fade to charcoal gray either totally or in spots) and that right edge is amazing. Typically, this book suffers in production from a serrated right edge, giving it that "sawtooth" look, like most AS 57s. This is just a beauty, with tremendous eye appeal. This would get a exceptional sticker.

It has most of the features and look of any CGC 9.2 or 9.4 Cap 100, except a few too many spine tics to qualify for 9.0, IMO.

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, mdean2437 said:

8.5  Avengers    I have question on the cap book. Does the left corner bend impact multiple pages?  Are the various colors I see on the back cover actually there? 

LC bend impacts a few pages. Are you referring to the colors down the right side?

Edited by vandybill
Typo

1 minute ago, mdean2437 said:

it appears to be whit on top and bottom. 

1 minute ago, mdean2437 said:

it appears to be whit on top and bottom. 

That appears to be due to the scan as I don’t see them when I look directly at the book

On 2/12/2018 at 6:37 PM, vandybill said:

Getting ready to send CA for grading. Question because until 2 weeks ago I had never heard of pressing - would the bend in the back upper left corner benefit from being pressed? If so is it worth my while to do it?

Thanks!

Press and dry clean it for sure.