• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do stock market fluctuations impact your buying/selling?

20 posts in this topic

What about other macroeconomic trends?

Personally, the markets would have to absorb a major, short-term correction for me to pause on buying. Even then I wonder if comic prices would pull back and create a buying opportunity.

1 hour ago, jhm said:

What about other macroeconomic trends?

Personally, the markets would have to absorb a major, short-term correction for me to pause on buying. Even then I wonder if comic prices would pull back and create a buying opportunity.

Yes, big effect for me.

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Not me. I swim in the "shallow end" anyway. I think 2008 caused people to put more money into comics and the supply was pretty tight with key material. People were riding it out and not parting with their stuff.

Boy do i agree to that

When the overall market goes down the money doesn’t just disappear into thin air it simply has moved somewhere else. 

That said it’s very possible to continue to make money or be unfazed in a “down” market.

If today's market continues to pull back hard (and remains in a "corrected" state), I think we could see a noticeable impact on the high-profile auctions at the end of the month.

It would be really interesting to see a study on any historic correlation.

I'd be willing to bet it opens up a buying opportunity in some price ranges and may even open a selling opportunity in others.

4 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

stock market is gonna go up and down...GA market goes only one way ....UP, get out of stocks as they made a minor recovery  today and are gonna crash this year and stay in OA or choice CGC unrestored  GA

You forgot to mention they are more fun to collect...

4 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

stock market is gonna go up and down...GA market goes only one way ....UP, get out of stocks as they made a minor recovery  today and are gonna crash this year and stay in OA or choice CGC unrestored  GA

I thought a person with your sense of adventure would have rotated yourself into something more fun and daring like the crypto currency market.  lol  :tonofbricks:  :cry:

6 hours ago, N e r V said:

When I was single I used to do something like that but now my GF uses that money for shopping... :frown:

Don't forget about the nail salon too :smile:

16 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Easier said than done. If I could quickly push/pull large sums of money in and out of GA books, life would be that much more beautiful!