• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which issue was the actual Return of Superman in '93?

10 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

Just wondering which issue was it in the Reign of Superman arc in 1993 (June to October) in which the real Superman first returned

This one.

57 minutes ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

in I think Oct. '93 about the end of Copper, beginning of Modern?

???

16 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Action Comics 689 is part 9 of Reign of the Supermen. He made his public return in Superman: The Man of Steel 25 (part 14), arriving in Metropolis in a Kryptonian war suit.

Yep, Action #689 was the return.  It was hilarious how many people at the time didn't realize it because they literally weren't reading the books.  Largest print runs in decades and no one bothered to open the books. lol

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:18 AM, valiantman said:

Yep, Action #689 was the return.  It was hilarious how many people at the time didn't realize it because they literally weren't reading the books.  Largest print runs in decades and no one bothered to open the books. lol

Because nobody gave a :censored: after finding out he wasn't really deadlol.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:35 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Because nobody gave a :censored: after finding out he wasn't really deadlol.

True, but he also got the black suit with silver S. I heard that some characters are completely revived from decades of stagnation just by putting them in a black suit. hm

On 2/5/2018 at 10:18 AM, valiantman said:

I was reading it. But out of all those issues I only still own the black bag death and white bag return comics. I keep them out of nostalgia. I might own one other issue that has a good cover that I like. Up until that point I never really read Superman comics. Reeve was Superman to me.

On 2/15/2018 at 2:51 PM, GeneticNinja said:

I was reading it. But out of all those issues I only still own the black bag death and white bag return comics. I keep them out of nostalgia. I might own one other issue that has a good cover that I like. Up until that point I never really read Superman comics. Reeve was Superman to me.

Yeppers by golly, George Reeves, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive and is able to leap tall buildings and Clayton Moore as 'The Lone Ranger', yes, I agree, Reeves is still the only Superman that holds that special place in my heart! (worship) :preach: