• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is your Favorite Golden Age Character- and Why?
3 3

88 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SLR5 said:

Don't know about my favorite GA character buy my granddaughter, who is going on 6, loves Peter Panda.  Too hard for her to read so I read it for her and act out the characters.  She loves that and it keeps her away from the TV for a little while which her mom really encourages.  

That's really cool.  GA kid friendly comics and loving family - your granddaughter already has a headstart on other kids.   Thanks for sharing.  :smile:

Namor the Submariner. So important as one of the first super heroes ever but he's the first anti hero bad motha------ ever! He paved the way for the likes of Wolverine , Punisher and cast

Edited by Subby1938

On 2/8/2018 at 1:59 PM, atomised said:

I like the Blue Beetle, although I prefer the SA Ted Kord version from Ditko who simply was a more nuanced, interesting character than Dan Garrett.  I like that he survived to the present day and he's still a relevant hero somewhere on the periphery of the League (a bit like Booster Gold his buddy).   I like that he's a bit overlooked overall and yet how many superheroes that were introduced in the late 1930's still are active in comics today?  Not many.   He gets no respect.  I started gobbling the books up in a number of years ago and along the way they started getting expensive so I slowed my roll a bit.  I hoarded BB1 in particular.

We have a second vote for the Blue Beetle!! My reasoning is similar but I am admittedly not a long time BB collector I only got into him once i discovered him as an adult plus he is represented on SOOOOO many cool GA covers

My son digs him too which is cool!! When i gave him the new BB1 he held it up like Link getting his hands on the triforce and so couldnt help by grin ear to ear ?

27569399699_ab5d533f96_b.jpg38468671525_ac505f33c9_b.jpg

Edited by gino2paulus2

I assume we are not counting the obvious best tragic non-superhero character ever: THE WORM! 
1457765425_ScreenShot2020-05-19at10_02_13AM.thumb.png.88e45e9d1cce74ed00220de8d28a1396.png

...but when it comes to heroes, I would say Doctor Fate (with Hourman and Sandman fighting over second place) especially when you consider he his powers didn't technically come from magic, but rather someone who learned the secrets of science and mastered his own body on the atomic level to produce his powers. I loved how he often dismissed supernatural claims in his own stories "That's dumb, vampires and cat people don't exist...there is a natural explanation, duh!" :D  Made for a unique take on  what would otherwise been a standard 'occult' character.

tumblr_ovz5pqSsNP1r4pq4io1_1280.jpg.f4bc2cd078dd4e1b10a1826562e779ec.jpg