• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FYI

10 posts in this topic

Gotta agree, this guy selling the AF 15 sells nuthing but verizon and other cellular minute cards. Gotta be a scam. He only has one negative, but I didn't look for it. I am tossing in the flag on that one.

-Jeremy-

I would have to say, the ASM #1 looks fishy too. The guy sells nothing but car parts. I did see he sold a piece of currency. Maybe he just has "shiat" laying around. That AF 15 is a definate scam, where is Ricky?

-Jeremy-

Looks like there is possibly shilling going on as well. Both high bidders on the books have never bought a comic book (except for one $16- Felix the cat). Either they are trying to give legitimacy to the scam or they are trying to push the price up or both.

On the AF 15, there is a distinct piece of tape on the back scan. Have any of you seen this idenical picture on comiclink anywhere?

I'm not so convinced it's a scam. The seller readily sent me his name and personal phone number, and even though he doesn't have comics in his auction history he does have a good reputation for other items (and at the very least, hundreds of buyers have his contact info). It's also logical that the bottom edge of the front scan would be cut off, since a GCG container might overextend most scanner windows...Notice that the entire lower edge of the back scan is shown with no comiclink.com watermark.

I should also disclose that although I do not know this seller personally, I have emailed with him in the past and he has sent up-close detail scans of comics before, and even volunteered Susan C. restoration not apparent in the scans.