• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,040 posts in this topic

Just now, peewee22 said:

One house always had the best stuff at Halloween. One year I guess she forgot so she put a big bowl of taco flavored Doritos in a bowl (open) outside her door. Best treat I ever had.

lol back then when we happened upon a whole bowl left unguarded we would have emptied that whole bowl into our pillow cover Halloween bag lol 

i can still distinctly remember pouring these Halloween staple, long straw  candies into my mouth and it's distinctive flavor even though i have not had one in probably 40 years ...

i have not seen one in a store in that long either ??

Image result for pixy stix Image result for pixy stix

And now i bring to you the WORST HALLOWEEN CANDY EVER !! one so bad that even a whole pile could not be traded for a single Kit Kat ...

a candy SO BAD that even an APPLE was great in comparison

look at the next post at your own risk ...........

Edited by 1950's war comics

15 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

One house always had the best stuff at Halloween. One year I guess she forgot so she put a big bowl of taco flavored Doritos in a bowl (open) outside her door. Best treat I ever had.

Yes peewee we also had a few houses like that in the neighborhood back in the early 70's .... one house was giving out the full sized candy bars that cost a dime back then  !!! another house had a lady who would cook delicious larger sized popcorn balls !! and another house would hand out full cans of Coke !! all HEAVEN SENT to us kids !! i still remember those houses till this day !!!!

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Yes peewee we also had a few houses like that in the neighborhood back in the early 70's .... one house was giving out the full sized candy bars that cost a dime back then  !!! another house had a lady who would cook delicious larger sized popcorn balls !! and another house would hand out full cans of Coke !! all HEAVEN SENT to us kids !! i still remember those houses till this day !!!!

The same woman, one year, wrapped up 10 pennies in black and orange paper and gave it out to kids. In the early 70s, 10 pennies was a windfall for yard-mowers.

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

@tv horror do you have a favorite Halloween candy and story ?? 

We are more traditional here in Ireland instead of pumpkins we use turnips. One Halloween when I was about 10 I carved out a scary face for my lantern, I was so proud of that turnip. After I finished I went out to show it off and all of a sudden it was kicked out of my hand and the face was smashed in, when I turned I saw a boy I knew who was the same age as me only he left his childhood far behind years ago. I was that angry I swung the turnip what was left on to his head and chased him all the way into his house and even his parents could not stop me. There was bits of turnip everywhere! To top it all I started turning off all their electric TV, lights the lot and calmly walked out, the only thing was it was my last Halloween dressing as a vampire, the story is not finished as I met my friends mother recently after about 35 years and she said to me "We were talking about you the other night...Do you still dress as a VAMPIRE!"   doh!

images.jpg