• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

the scantily clad woman looks part zombie part frankenstein's bride (actually she doesn't look that bad lol )

-Image result for tales of terror comic dell

She looks as if she had one too many.

I came across this ad in a copy of Our Fighting Forces from 1971. To my knowledge, these kits never made it across the pond to the U.K. I'm sure @tv horror can put us right on that , come his return, or of course if anyone else knows?

By the looks of it, they have re-issued them.

4SjB0Dp8hsk6v-R-Liz7jOc6bz9VlL_2u_sBWhookmlVyYqc4ZYJQXky1fiKqjbPPKFrGC2v4LdCttv4Orc6kWgG5B58In5LTCnv3oWPaKkXnnTexgYky0ZaAogwvhFj6a3xEA=s1600

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Never read them though, nor seen the show! any views on either?

the tv show was a daytime soap opera,, it was on during the day when i was in school ,.. the only thing i can remember is that every time i was able to watch it (during the summer or if i was off from school) of the dozen or so shows i watched  i never saw the vampire ...

On 10/22/2018 at 11:31 AM, Gnasher said:

Countdown to Halloween comics....

Cover for House of Secrets (DC, 1956 series) #82    Cover for House of Secrets (DC, 1956 series) #56

Cover for House of Secrets (DC, 1956 series) #93    Cover for House of Secrets (DC, 1956 series) #100

I think house of secrets number one is underrated , a nice key first issue to long running series????

On 10/21/2018 at 4:58 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i hope you didn't sink your life savings into these lol

Thankfully that's one "collectable?" I missed, a few years ago I stopped buying multiple Frankenstein monsters Dracula's and Wolfmen and have just concentrated on things I like and now my collection is more streamlined which I enjoy.    

On 10/22/2018 at 4:34 PM, Gnasher said:

Top of my Hammer Horrors....

I have to agree it's one of the better Hammers and Charles Gray was marvelous in the role of Mocarta I've always enjoyed his acting. Did you know that he found fame as being the voice for Jack Hawkins when he lost his voice through cancer, another fine actor.  

21 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

" Creature " covers that are bound to pop up now and then on the  monster of filmland covers....

@tv horror do you own the entire run of these magazines  ??

Yes I have the full run it took me many years to hunt them down, however I'm not fussy on condition so long as they were complete.

12 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I came across this ad in a copy of Our Fighting Forces from 1971. To my knowledge, these kits never made it across the pond to the U.K. I'm sure @tv horror can put us right on that , come his return, or of course if anyone else knows?

By the looks of it, they have re-issued them.

4SjB0Dp8hsk6v-R-Liz7jOc6bz9VlL_2u_sBWhookmlVyYqc4ZYJQXky1fiKqjbPPKFrGC2v4LdCttv4Orc6kWgG5B58In5LTCnv3oWPaKkXnnTexgYky0ZaAogwvhFj6a3xEA=s1600

Yes they have been re-issued and were quite unusual at the time as they were model kits with flexible arms I had known about this show for years but as I lived in the U.K I never got to see the series until the early nineties when the Sc-fi channel broadcast them. I loved it as it was so hokey and because it was videoed live there were a lot of bloopers. In fact the thinking at the time was that it was never going to be repeated again (that's what they thought lol). My favourite toy from the series was the 12" action figures. Although I have to confess that I was in love with Lara Parker she is one beautiful lady of course she also played the villain yes another BAD girl "It's my only weakness!" It also had a successful comic series that has just been reprinted.

720full-lara-parker.jpg

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

-8495217768231971242.jpg

Majestic-Toys.jpg

vEBhBzoswkNgC9AOS684sM4SS8h.jpg

17 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

the tv show was a daytime soap opera,, it was on during the day when i was in school ,.. the only thing i can remember is that every time i was able to watch it (during the summer or if i was off from school) of the dozen or so shows i watched  i never saw the vampire ...

Maybe you didn't see him cos it was daytime tv lol

9 hours ago, tv horror said:

Yes they have been re-issued and were quite unusual at the time as they were model kits with flexible arms I had known about this show for years but as I lived in the U.K I never got to see the series until the early nineties when the Sc-fi channel broadcast them. I loved it as it was so hokey and because it was videoed live there were a lot of bloopers. In fact the thinking at the time was that it was never going to be repeated again (that's what they thought lol). My favourite toy from the series was the 12" action figures. Although I have to confess that I was in love with Lara Parker she is one beautiful lady of course she also played the villain yes another BAD girl "It's my only weakness!" It also had a successful comic series that has just been reprinted.

Thanks for that TVH. I didn't think it had aired in this country at the time. Sounds bad enough to be good from what you and @1950's war comics have to say about it(thumbsu

10 hours ago, tv horror said:

One of the greatest horror movies from the fifties I love this movie and the story was inspired by my favorite author M.R.James.

I used to possess this in 2nd edition (Charity shop find), with the same hessian covers as for the 1st edition, and as rarely found, so still as valuable as a first edition. I sold it to a mate, at mate's rates: Ever wished you hadn't done something !

Ghost stories of an antiquary.jpg

Something to watch for later....

Edited by Gnasher