• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, tv horror said:

Yes Jim their covers were very appealing and eye catching 

Not so the gum cards from Dunross, which must rank among the most boring gum cards ever issued.... Bring on exhibit A....

The only Great White to be given dentures....           

image.png.72e342f0857bdc6bb766e7b94e8d1015.png   

Number 1 and a number 2  sums it up

6010f668b43db56a9448ee95bdcd85e7.jpg

Hot Dog

4d41d500598026249c4f5646e21e51c5.jpg

(shrug)

ae91678b24d6229685d6759f86826331.jpg

My case rests

On 11/30/2019 at 5:33 PM, 1950's war comics said:

a brilliant thought provoking cover,,,, makes me want to read it .....

5162167.jpg

There is an episode like that that was on the Outer Limits called "The Chameleon" it starred Robert Duvall as an agent sent undercover as an Alien. Great episode and very well acted plus get your tissues out for the ending. 

On 9/11/2019 at 6:53 AM, tv horror said:

So it was at the height of the Monster craze (Have you heard that Nessie is now thought to be a giant Eel!) let's just say it is having an EEL of a time dodging tourists.:bigsmile: 

Have you heard the Nessie Used to be a giant eel? 

F Cooke Eel and Pie Shop Kingsland  High Street Dalston

50 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Have you heard the Nessie Used to be a giant eel? 

F Cooke Eel and Pie Shop Kingsland  High Street Dalston

Yes although I like the other story more where they found the remains of a giant Nessie model used for the filming about 40 years later. It seems that it was built for the film "The Private life of Sherlock Holmes" and at the end of filming it mysteriously disappeared on the actual Loch itself, spooky.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-36024638

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Yes although I like the other story more where they found the remains of a giant Nessie model used for the filming about 40 years later. It seems that it was built for the film "The Private life of Sherlock Holmes" and at the end of filming it mysteriously disappeared on the actual Loch itself, spooky.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-36024638

Yeah, that wasn't a bad film.

This is what caught my eye reading that though....

Man who has watched Loch Ness for a sighting of the monster for 25 years

c5fc30122b65a85a1c090de899bbaf40.jpg

What he's really been looking at....

Spoiler

c7418a4f9ed48c34ecf227aa6b2039bd.jpg

Changing the subject, this clip from "The Bride...." was pure invention on the part of Whale. I'm sure there must have been some reference prior to the movie of such experiments? but can't think at the moment. 

I know there's stuff that followed it, like this for example..... What else is there, before and after?

13bcfaed9bd26dfbdbae9f48a8bb5fe6.jpg

Edited by Gnasher

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Changing the subject, this clip from "The Bride...." was pure invention on the part of Whale. I'm sure there must have been some reference prior to the movie of such experiments? but can't think at the moment. 

I know there's stuff that followed it, like this for example..... What else is there, before and after?

There is an earlier 1916 German sci-fi film based on the Frankenstein story called the "Homunculus"  that featured the creation of a singular creature only he was a smallish man. This scene was  a deliberate injoke from James Whale as the Bride was Elsa Lanchester he had a little Henry the 8th in honour to Charles Laughtons most famous role and of course the Devil was played by Ernest Thesiger himself.(worship)