• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 12

107 posts in this topic

Why is this book in an old innerwell type holder, and not the newer type used on Moderns?

It a 52 pager?

Just curious.

Ze-

Lets mix it up with some Modern for this round. White Pages, new new slab, Deadline is Monday.

Good Luck!

harb4.jpg

harb4back.jpg

not at all familiar with Valiant's, but that looks like it could be a pretty cool story........

Harry,

If you want some great reading, buy the Valiant trade paperbacks from ebay. They're cheap and well worth the cash. Pre-Unity Valiants were maybe the best comics I've ever read.

Harbinger TPB

X-O Manowar TPB

Shadowman TPB

Rai TPB

I can't remember whether Solar: Man of the Atom or Magnus: Robot Fighter were ever collected in a TPB, but if they were, get them. Those are two of the best series of them all.

I liked Archer & Armstrong and The Eternal Warrior a lot, but those are both Unity books at the start and are thus much easier to find at a low price -- like 25 cents to a dollar a book. Read all the pre-Unity stuff, then read all of the Unity series.

Pre-Unity Valiants were maybe the best comics I've ever read.

Solar: Man of the Atom

Didn't Alan Moore write this years earlier? Except he called it Miracleman poke2.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Seriously though, Scott is correct. Good stuff. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Why is this book in an old innerwell type holder, and not the newer type used on Moderns?

It a 52 pager?

Just curious.

Ze-

Slabbed before they started using the new holder? confused-smiley-013.gifinsane.gif

"new new slab" foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Grades submitted so far are:

1 Bobpfef

2 Jayman

3 PedigreeMan

4 Nefaria

5 Verygoodplus

6 MrWoogieman

7 143ksk

8 SterlingComics

9 Inconceivable

10 Flink