• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your comic collecting goals for this year??
6 6

104 posts in this topic

Hoping my interest sparks up in comics again, but I am going to start thinning my collection out. I miss having those big sales threads as they were lots of fun for me. I have some books I need to send out for certification, and I want to keep upgrading my COMPLETE :banana: 1 - 645, of Fantastic Fours. lol

20 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

I’d be truly impressed if you find Action #1 in 9.8.  You will need Doc Brown for help!  :cloud9:

Actually about any Action Comics issue with low numbers in 9.8 white...but yes Action Comics #1 in 9.8 from a Garage sale find and it's from a little ole lady who "Knows" how much Action is worth but want's you "HAVE" it because you're such a nice guy.
She also has plenty of money and does not need it or want anymore...OK...I think I'm truly hallucinating now! 

2 hours ago, musicmeta said:

Actually about any Action Comics issue with low numbers in 9.8 white...but yes Action Comics #1 in 9.8 from a Garage sale find and it's from a little ole lady who "Knows" how much Action is worth but want's you "HAVE" it because you're such a nice guy.
She also has plenty of money and does not need it or want anymore...OK...I think I'm truly hallucinating now! 

lol Got to say I love your humour.  I did that for kidding around here.  :foryou:

My goals this year... I bought a big book the other week (well for me anyways, Spotlight 32 9.8), So my buying bug will have to wait. I missed out on some signatures last year so I plan on getting a few SS stuff done in a few weeks.

My main goal though is to down size and get my collection reorganized with file boxes and have mostly all my books in a central location at home instead of everywhere. I would like to continue to chip away at my complete X-men run as opportunities come up (I'm down to about 30 issues for 1-544) as well as Amazing Spider-man (I only have half of those lol).

In 2017, I sold 400 books, started with "Z" and made it to "V"

My 2018 goals are

1) Reduce my collection from 8500 to 8000, "U", "T" and into the massive "S" titles

2) Submit 50 books each month to CGC

3) Stop buying new virgin variant books

Work on my HG run of Weird War Tales. Probably not going to finish this year.

Finish selling off my BA runs of Our Army at War and Our Fighting Forces. Mmm, and probably Daredevil, too.

Sell later issues of Creepy to buy early issues of Creepy with Frazetta covers. 

Upgrade a book or two. 

Make a substantial dent in my giant stack of unread comics and magazines.

Possibly submit one PCH book to CGC so I can sell it for hopefully something close to what I paid for it.

Go to the NYCC and not find anything on my list (again), end up with a neat pile of impulse buys (again).

23 hours ago, lonetree said:

In 2017, I sold 400 books, started with "Z" and made it to "V"

My 2018 goals are

1) Reduce my collection from 8500 to 8000, "U", "T" and into the massive "S" titles

2) Submit 50 books each month to CGC

3) Stop buying new virgin variant books

so sell 500 books to replace them with 600 cgc books?  Haha you're great lonetree.

On 3/2/2018 at 2:58 PM, Pirate said:

so sell 500 books to replace them with 600 cgc books?  Haha you're great lonetree.

Hi Anthony,

Let me break it down for you.    If I have 8500 books and send 600 to CGC, how many books do I have.......... 8500 - the total number of books does not change, just less raw and more graded.  lol

So if I sell 500, then my total number of books goes from 8500 to 8000.

Type to you late, Brian

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

My goals this year... I bought a big book the other week (well for me anyways, Spotlight 32 9.8), So my buying bug will have to wait. I missed out on some signatures last year so I plan on getting a few SS stuff done in a few weeks.

My main goal though is to down size and get my collection reorganized with file boxes and have mostly all my books in a central location at home instead of everywhere. I would like to continue to chip away at my complete X-men run as opportunities come up (I'm down to about 30 issues for 1-544) as well as Amazing Spider-man (I only have half of those lol).

That's a pretty nice purchase IMO! Still an under rated book and I am sure it is not easy to find raw 9.8's in the wild.

15 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

That is one of my problems.  If I just stick to the plan, I can definitely get my list knocked out this year, minus the Hulk upgrade.

I can appreciate your sig line :) I'm still debating an Avenger's 4. I remember you saying that you thought that it may be undervalued, it really stuck with me. I always thought that it was a great book, but it moved it up my want list!

Just now, DocHoppus182 said:

Thank you @ADAMANTIUM!  I definitely think there is room for Avengers 4 to grow for sure.  It still seems like it's undervalued a little for some reason.  What grade range do you have in mind?

I'm thinking 3.0/3.5 as well, last I checked on sites was that there was a sizable difference between 3.0-4.0.... I could see spending a certain amount, and it would depend on if I could do some trade towards the purchase... :wishluck: