• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #27 CGC 9.2 (Extensive P) on ebay! Woo hoo Filter81!!!

66 posts in this topic

About 17 years ago, I bought a Detective #40 from Dave, and returned it because of a significant amount of foxing on the FC. He didn't overgrade it, I just hate foxing.

We've had several transactions since then, some of them involving Mile Highs, but every time I talk to him, he says "Oh, yeah, you're the guy that returned the 'Tec 40." foreheadslap.gif

dave sold me a double action2, very low grade but complete, i think its a gerber 10,about 8 years ago, very happy with it...also a silver streak 6, yep he has great stuff...

Good thing you weren't around when Ian was looking for that Double Action 2...

Any idea what the reserve might be?

Reserve is $96,000. I was originally hoping to use this book to draw attention to a run of Batman comics I was going to be listing but I ended up falling behind and didn't end up getting most of the Batman comics listed anyway. There have been lots of joy bidders and others messing with the auction which unfortunately I think has stopped the bidding from getting as high as it otherwise would have. I think I have weeded most of them out at least (along with at least 1 legitimate bid that I unfortunately removed) but we'll see what happens in the last 48 hours. I'd be a little surprised if a book this valuable ended up actually selling through eBay but I've got no doubt my price is reasonable so we'll see.... I'm sure if the book doesn't meet reserve on eBay, offers will start flooding in immediately after the auction ends.

Good luck with the auction, Filter.

I was discussing recently with fellow forumites Jeffreykli and FFB in separate conversations about how eBay listings are pretty much a seven day advertisement (or in this case, 10 days), with most of the serious action taking place at the very end. This works great most of the time, but when you want to get "your price" for something as a seller, not only does that right buyer need to come along during that time frame, but they also need to be ready and able to make the purchase. With high $$$ items, that's a lot of cosmic mojo that needs to come together! That's why setting up an eBay store might be a good solution for your big ticket books or runs. You can throw them up there with a heathly BIN, and accept offers for a much longer period of time. You wouldn't have to let something go for too little money, and you're not stuck with fees if the reserve isn't met.

Take care,

-Jim

As far as I know, Ewert sells primarily through eBay, which Filter is already doing on his own. The consignment venues I would recommend to keep the most $$$ in the pocket of the owner are Comiclink and Pedigree.

Good luck with the auction, Filter.

I was discussing recently with fellow forumites Jeffreykli and FFB in separate conversations about how eBay listings are pretty much a seven day advertisement (or in this case, 10 days), with most of the serious action taking place at the very end. This works great most of the time, but when you want to get "your price" for something as a seller, not only does that right buyer need to come along during that time frame, but they also need to be ready and able to make the purchase. With high $$$ items, that's a lot of cosmic mojo that needs to come together! That's why setting up an eBay store might be a good solution for your big ticket books or runs. You can throw them up there with a heathly BIN, and accept offers for a much longer period of time. You wouldn't have to let something go for too little money, and you're not stuck with fees if the reserve isn't met.

Take care,

-Jim

The problem with eBay Stores are that the Final Value Fee is higher (8%) compared to auction fees (5.25%/2.75%/1.5%). But, the listing fee is only $.02, so that's much more managable.

Hi Surfer,

I think books like Filter's 'Tec 27 pretty much expose themselves on the Bay. I guess the question is whether or not "name" sellers on eBay such as Ewert would attract enough extra money in the final bid to make the additional commission/consignment worthwhile for the owner. I still feel that the primary issue is duration of sale. In this instance, I believe that Filter's feedback number or notoriety within the collecting community is a non-issue.

This could all be a moot point anyway. The book is fairly close to hitting the reserve and still has a little over one day left.

It must feel weird to read posts about yourself, eh Filter?