• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay non paying bidders
1 1

29 posts in this topic

i've had my first non-payer.  guy bought a slab from me last Aug and took 29 days to pay, claimed he was on vacation.  same buyer this time, after 3 weeks of nothing i got the same 'vacation' excuse, gave him til day 30 and reported him as non-payer.

how do you block a person from bidding?

32 minutes ago, paperheart said:

i've had my first non-payer.  guy bought a slab from me last Aug and took 29 days to pay, claimed he was on vacation.  same buyer this time, after 3 weeks of nothing i got the same 'vacation' excuse, gave him til day 30 and reported him as non-payer.

how do you block a person from bidding?

There really should be a quick link on your seller page but I think eBay prefers that sellers not block bidders. 

Having said that:

1) Scroll down to the bottom of your My eBay page

2) click Site Map

3) click SELL at the top of the Site Map page

4) click Blocked Bidder/Buyer List

You have to go to your Site Preferences to stop blocked bidders from messaging you. 

1) on your My eBay page click the Account tab

2) on the left hand menu click Site Preferences

3) select Show under Buyer Requirements

4) on the left hand side select Edit

5) scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box for Don’t allow blocked buyers to contact me

Note: if a buyer has already begun communicating to you through a particular item you have for sale, even if you block them they can continue to message you until the item ends or you contact eBay

Edited by Number 6
More on blocking eBay users

Wow - you guys are much to forgiving.  I wait about 4 days and then send another invoice asking for payment or a reason why they can't pay right away.  At 6 days I file for Non payment which gets finalized in 4 days.  If you can't pay for a book or at least say you need more time in 10 days then the book goes back up for sale.  I guess it would be more troublesome for auction winners but I rarely do auctions so I rarely get non payers since they hit the BIN.  Part of selling on E-Bay.

2 hours ago, Mystafo said:

There's just no consequence for them and ebay seems to give the buyer more power to screw the seller every year.

If eBay ever eliminated the Blocked Bidder option I would probably start to seriously question continuing to use eBay to sell. 

The Blocked list is the last refuge for sellers, and not always a completely effectual one at that. 

I remember many years ago when I first started buying on eBay that I honestly thought it was illegal to win an auction and not pay ?. This was in the early 2000’s. Not until I started collecting comics did I notice that many people simply do not pay...and theres hardly any consequences. Proud to say I’ve always paid same day. If I don’t have the money for something I just don’t bid. 

One more advise. There is an option within ebay to prevent buyers to buy from you if they have 2 or more non-pay records within past 12 months.

My eBay -> selling -> shortcut/site preferences -> buyer requirements -> block buyer who have received 2 unpaid item strikes within past 12 months.

If you click on the buyer requirement activity log you will get something like this if you have any such buyers trying to buy from you. It is such a shame as a buyer that when you wish to buy something you can’t because you screwed other sellers:

55972414-D17F-4A0C-86A0-6F653ADADC8B.png

Edited by Poka
Spelling

All the advice given is ok, but it doesn't help. There's just too many people on eBay for a block list to have a impact enough to stop it.

i just sold 7 items and really needed the money. Of course after waiting 5 days for auction to end 1 of the 7 gives no payment or communication for 3 days and of course it's the most valuable item. Guy has 100 percent positive feedback which is BS I should be able to slam him with a negative and ebay should take his money out of his bank like they do to sellers. Arhhhhhh!