• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boomerang art (sale and then buy again)
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

I was just poking around my CAF gallery, as I do from time to time, and saw the attached Ashley Wood Miracleman piece.  It's one of the few I've sold and then bought back.  I thought others might like to share similar art sold and then returned to them, hopefully with a little bit about how both came to be.

In my case, I'm sure I sold it to balance the books from some other purchase.  I was able to buy it back from from the friend, who I'd lost touch with, at the original price when he posted it to CAF - it even came back in the same masonite it went to him in years prior.

What about you?

Simon

woodmiraclemanpinup.jpg

This has happened to me twice, although I can't recall what the second piece was! (But I knew it happened twice).

In both cases, I bought it back for less what what I sold it for and sold it again :p

The one I do remember was an EVS Green Lantern Rebirth page that I bought from Spencer during one of his sales.  Someone asked about it on CAF and I sold it.  Then a few months later, I saw it listed on ebay with a really bad scan (small and unfocused) with a  starting price at ~60% of the price I sold it at.  I was the only bidder.  Then a few months later I sold it again :)

Malvin

I've sold them brought back pages a few times usually for my personal collection, but I've also done some for resale. I can think of a whole lot of art that I've sold that I wish I had back but I don't think they'll be coming around again unfortunately. And the problem is if they do come around with all the price inflation who would want to pay the new prices for them again.