• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gender/Race-Exclusive ECCC-sponsored mixers?
3 3

103 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, reddwarf666222 said:

So if a Nazi, KKK, Crypts, or the Bloods submit the proper paperwork you would sign off on the panel and put it on your shows list of events you endorsed.

This is exactly what's been happening at college campuses. Hate groups have right to free speech. College's are saying screw your hate speech, see you in court.

On 3/6/2018 at 11:08 PM, Transplant said:

Those who don't get it and are trying to cry about discrimination or reverse racism/sexism, whatever; check your privilege.  Waahhh, a group I don't belong to and who has to be a minority everyday, wants a separate event.  Waaahhh. 

Big deal.  You're not being discriminated against and this isn't destroying the world.  Think of it as being similar to the way Ta-Nehisi Coates explained why white people can't use the n-word.  Your brief period of not being able to do something might help you understand others who experience that feeling on a daily basis.

Why would anyone want to use that word? Do you think white people are just drooling to use that word when in private? He says "So many white people have difficulty" That is not the case in my experiences. It must be in his. So, we have different experiences but to him, they are all the worst case scenario.

He also states the people will be given a glimpse into the world of black people. You are trying to relate this to comic convention exclusivity.

I think I'm missing something here.

Can you tell me one event / conference in the world that is more inclusive than a comic convention?
You don't have to be smart, short / tall, black / white / latino / asian...etc..., pretty / ugly, strong / weak, etc.....

Edited by ygogolak