• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update on a Tec 37

31 posts in this topic

To the OP I owned your 0.5 tec 37 over the fall/Winter of last year, I got it in a trade at Baltimore. But for some reason when I had it it was in the other guys holder :$. Not sure why it was reslabed. I would have much preferred it to be in the CGC case. I owned it for a few months but sold it to help fund my more fun 73. Book lives in Singapore now. 

37 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

To the OP I owned your 0.5 tec 37 over the fall/Winter of last year, I got it in a trade at Baltimore. But for some reason when I had it it was in the other guys holder :$. Not sure why it was reslabed. I would have much preferred it to be in the CGC case. I owned it for a few months but sold it to help fund my more fun 73. Book lives in Singapore now. 

Possible to PM who it was sold to in Singapore - I am a collector in Malaysia, north of Singapore. As it is rare to bump into a GA collector in this part of the world, was just wondering whether it was someone I know or not - Either way, it will be good to touch base with him or her.

12 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

The last boardie who had it will never be able to buy any book ever again from the second boardie who had it. Sucks, but that's what happens when you do something douchy.

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

:o

There’s probably a story behind that.... hm

At least Elvis is off the hook with his 5.5...

2 hours ago, domuhnator said:

I sold that book to someone in Australia (with a store address) in the Summer of 2016. I had it for one day slabbed before shipping it out.  Of course, I did have it for almost 40 years raw, so I was able to look through the book on occasion (the insides of which looked really nice considering the age). 

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

I sold that book to someone in Australia (with a store address) in the Summer of 2016. I had it for one day slabbed before shipping it out.  Of course, I did have it for almost 40 years raw, so I was able to look through the book on occasion (the insides of which looked really nice considering the age). 

Wow What a well traveled book! Very cool history on it.

Well CGC already has a probation forum perhaps they could be persuaded to add a douchy forum. 

Violators could be forced to wear this avatar until they reform their ways.

7CC124C5-5F8A-4631-95A7-F19655239CC6.jpeg.74ea3fa5a69ad946447c831fb86d38af.jpeg

19 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
22 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

There have been at least 3 boardies who have owned that book at some point if I'm not mistaken.

The last boardie who had it will never be able to buy any book ever again from the second boardie who had it. Sucks, but that's what happens when you do something douchy.

The boardie of the third part violated an implicit agreement with the boardie of the second part, thereby inflicting a tortious lamentation on the boardie of the second part? Did the boardie of the second part apply for a certificate of estoppel or a writ of certiorari or perhaps file an amicus curiae brief or call for adjournment sine die or invoke contra bonos mores? Did the boardie of the third part claim cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos, or de minimis non curat lex? hm

It's been snowing all day and I've been stuck inside. :)