• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SUSPENSE #3 and A Missing Story

18 posts in this topic

I was perusing a dealers list of Golden Age comics for sale, and saw that the dealer was offering SUSPENSE COMICS #3 for sale. The listing says that the book was missing a story called "40 Days on the Raft", and then adds that most copies are missing this story. I checked out the listing for this book on the GCD, and it doesn't even mention this story by name, though there are a few untitled stories listed. Does anyone know anything about this story, and how many pages it is, and whether it really is missing from most copies of this book? confused-smiley-013.gifflowerred.gif

That book is notorious for being incomplete!! & I heard the same thing it's the centerfold. I think the pages were glued in. But hey, the value of that comic is it's cover & What a cover!!! hail.gif

Its the center story that's missing from many copies. Not sure about most copies, but I'd say around half of them are missing the pages.

These (I'm preaty sure its 8) pages were glued into each copy. The book was poorly assembled and these pages often fall out of the book.

That's yet another reason why this book is in such demand.

ive owned a few suspence 3,s......it is true from my experience that the pages are glued on this issue and many times the centerfold is missing probably due to the pages being glued...getting a COMPLETE BOOK IS A TUFF NUT...but they are out there..

Enough on the missing story we all know that it is missing most of the time I want to know what dealer has the book and how much they want. I collect Pre- code horror and It has to be my favorite cover so where and How much. Send me A PM if you know

Enough on the missing story we all know that it is missing most of the time I want to know what dealer has the book and how much they want. I collect Pre- code horror and It has to be my favorite cover so where and How much. Send me A PM if you know

It's sold already! yay.gifacclaim.gif

It's sold already! yay.gifacclaim.gif

for how much?

It's not the prettiest copy out there, but I'm very happy to be getting it(the dealer who had it was Robert Rogovin). When I receive it, I'll definitely post it.