• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age Pence vs Cent
2 2

73 posts in this topic

I dig these quite a bit and am on the lookout for others, as I don't have that many. I'm really digging the pre hero books at present, but collect pretty much everything. An era I dig the most is what I call "The circle price covers" as they are so early and so cool!!! They encompass a large section of pre hero books and then most of the early key super hero books (REALLY digging your JIM 83!!!)!!! It's a fun sub set that takes a fair amount of patience to work on as I don't see them frequently enough to be able to just buy whatever issue you want as you can with the American Marvel books. 

42 minutes ago, rakehell said:

I've got the first part of that story -

It also has the month retained. I think it was a standard thing with 10d pence variants for a while. All of my Strange Tales (137 - 155) have it as well.

1942695532_KeyMarvelUKPriceVariantDates.PNG.b795f126255a7240adff31f9da4f5704.PNG

6 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Another issue that is pretty common in the pence variety. 

Kid Colt Outlaw 119 pence.jpg

I think there was a warehouse find of this issue in the US - I've seen so many high grade copies on eBay.com over the years - far more than I have in the UK

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I think there was a warehouse find of this issue in the US - I've seen so many high grade copies on eBay.com over the years - far more than I have in the UK

That makes sense, as I've seen quite a few of them ... and I wasn't searching for them and STILL saw quite a few. I got this from a local dealer at a show where I wasn't finding much, so I turned to westerns and bought a stack. That being the only pence copy he had.

1 minute ago, telerites said:

I collect mainly GA UK books but do have a few SA as well.

I got this a few months ago.  Nothing special.

teeth.PNG.3be4103bd6d71c7251f9e171ad1da71c.PNG

Got some teeth hasn't he :eek: