• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you expect your purchases to be bagged and boarded?
1 1

52 posts in this topic

Dealers aren't sacred cows. Wherever this is tolerated, it will continue. I know most of us behave like addicts...I get it...but that doesn't mean people should bow down to them just because they provide us our "fixes", no matter who they are, no matter how long they've been around, and no matter who blindly supports them and viciously attacks those who challenge them.

And I say this as a friend of many, many dealers...mainly because they do things right, and don't fly off the handle when questioned.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

On 3/25/2018 at 9:08 AM, oakman29 said:

I dont care if it's a .50 cent drek book. I'm purchasing it because I want it in my collection, and want a nice copy. Put it in a bag and board. That's the least you could do for your customers.

Well stated. 

bags and boards are so cheap I def expect all books to be done.  and really if the cheap sellers would just save their yellowed bags and boards id rather they just reuse those instead of using nothing so at least the book is protected and I can use a new bag and board when I get it.  but maybe these people are so cheap they use the yellowed bags for their personal collection.

Yes I expect the books to be bagged and boarded: it shows that the sender "cared".

Unlike this sender who had all the books loose in a box some with no bags and no boards and filled all the spaces with packing chips. The packing chips got crushed and there were little bits and pieces and dust from the busted up packing chips all throughout all the comics. Fun...NOT.

004_zpsce1b5e76.jpg

8 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Yes I expect the books to be bagged and boarded: it shows that the sender "cared".

Unlike this sender who had all the books loose in a box some with no bags and no boards and filled all the spaces with packing chips. The packing chips got crushed and there were little bits and pieces and dust from the busted up packing chips all throughout all the comics. Fun...NOT.

004_zpsce1b5e76.jpg

Reread it and you said some have no bags and boards.  Thought you said no bags and my mind was playing tricks on me.

Edited by 1Cool

10 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Reread it and you said some have no bags and boards.  Thought you said no bags and my mind was playing tricks on me.

None of them had boards, about 60% had bags. None of the bags were taped shut. So the busted up pieces of the packing chips got in amongst the pages of the books and inside the unsealed bags. It was an awful mess. Literally had to vacuum these comics. Ridiculous.

I just got a 12 issue lot of 50s DC war books from an antique store on eBay.  At least all of the books were put in one plastic bag.  However, they were shipped in a flimsy envelope.  However, everything arrived just fine, and with postage, I got them for about 10% of guide.