• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mega Rare Error Comic: New Teen Titan #6 $1,150,000!!
3 3

74 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

You'll come home right after buying it and find dealers set up on your front lawn like John Denver with the religious nuts in Oh God!  Your front lawn will look like a comic convention!

3f226677400bd4c0ae4586799c00c69a.jpg

On 3/27/2018 at 1:23 AM, James J Johnson said:

No human or group of humans are incapable of "human error". No machine or any human construct designed and built by a human is perfect. CGC graders are at the top of the hobby's grading food chain, but they too are subject to human error. The bottom staple, edge configuration and cover shift tell the whole story. A very simple one. Like many who are better than most at engineering rarities, someone went the extra mile to properly research printing particulars of this era. To research where a DC and Marvel comic might have been printed at the same place and same time. That might not have necessarily been the reason for the research. They might have had a more ambitious project in mind, but when this information was received, they went to work, first looking for copies of both books that had closely matching staple holes, procuring those materials, and then their disassembly and reassembly into this manufactured oddity. The top staples of both books almost perfectly matched. The bottom staples of both books were real close, and might have been dead on, but during the disassembly/reassembly process, the holes of the bottom staple were compromised. Enlarged and elongated as is typical of books with replaced staples. That's what we're seeing. And that elongation, the extra play in the staple is accounting for the upshift of the cover relative to the pages. This is definitely a disassembly/reassembly. It's not only unmistakable but far more blatantly evident on a 1980s book than it would be on a 1960s book.

Hammer?

On 3/26/2018 at 10:23 PM, James J Johnson said:

No human or group of humans are incapable of "human error". No machine or any human construct designed and built by a human is perfect. CGC graders are at the top of the hobby's grading food chain, but they too are subject to human error. The bottom staple, edge configuration and cover shift tell the whole story. A very simple one. Like many who are better than most at engineering rarities, someone went the extra mile to properly research printing particulars of this era. To research where a DC and Marvel comic might have been printed at the same place and same time. That might not have necessarily been the reason for the research. They might have had a more ambitious project in mind, but when this information was received, they went to work, first looking for copies of both books that had closely matching staple holes, procuring those materials, and then their disassembly and reassembly into this manufactured oddity. The top staples of both books almost perfectly matched. The bottom staples of both books were real close, and might have been dead on, but during the disassembly/reassembly process, the holes of the bottom staple were compromised. Enlarged and elongated as is typical of books with replaced staples. That's what we're seeing. And that elongation, the extra play in the staple is accounting for the upshift of the cover relative to the pages. This is definitely a disassembly/reassembly. It's not only unmistakable but far more blatantly evident on a 1980s book than it would be on a 1960s book.

I've replaced a lot of staples and am a semi expert in this area-definitely a difficult task to line the pages up perfectly and insert sharp object without tearing-I see signs of replacement but if I could only see the centerfold staples I'd know for sure or almost sure.  Hard to believe CGC would miss it tho they are experts I'm just an amateur.  If they did miss it it's no huge deal this book is not worth much even with a print error as stated on label.  It will never sell for more than $50.  

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, James J Johnson said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Rare-Error-Comic-DC-Teen-Titans-6-Marvel-Two-In-One-74-Inside-CGC-7-5/263527921090?hash=item3d5b7cf5c2:g:yX0AAOSwXvdamY1o

Bling, Bling! :roflmao:

And as an aside, paging Joey Post; Why is the cover shifted up with what looks to be four distinct, different staple holes at that loose bottom staple?    hm

Shit.jpg

Stinks.gif

I sense something rotten...in Denmark.

7 minutes ago, joeypost said:

And his description reminds me of someone...hm

Spoiler

WHO???

Ps you can't 'explain' something into being valuable.  He wrote a huge wall of text explaining why this is valuable.  That's not how it works.  No one wrote a treatise on Action #1 to make it become valuable.  An essay contest does not trigger value.  Ever.

Edited by kav

21 minutes ago, kav said:

Ps you can't 'explain' something into being valuable.  He wrote a huge wall of text explaining why this is valuable.  That's not how it works.  No one wrote a treatise on Action #1 to make it become valuable.  An essay contest does not trigger value.  Ever.

I can't believe how much he wrote in that description. :facepalm:

56 minutes ago, kav said:

I've replaced a lot of staples and am a semi expert in this area-definitely a difficult task to line the pages up perfectly and insert sharp object without tearing-I see signs of replacement but if I could only see the centerfold staples I'd know for sure or almost sure.  Hard to believe CGC would miss it tho they are experts I'm just an amateur.  If they did miss it it's no huge deal this book is not worth much even with a print error as stated on label.  It will never sell for more than $50.  

Wouldn't be a huge deal if they missed it and there was something there to miss. It hasn't much tangible value either way, IMO.

Someone should message him and offer $1000 just to see how committed/deluded he is lol 

2 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:
"Let me repeat that....A DC COVER ON A MARVEL COMIC!!!!!"

Let me repeat-  you are still a whack job, off your rocker nut case, asking $1.5 million for this dog turd  :screwy: 

He figgered they just didnt hear him the first time, and thats why no one was buying-

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Someone should message him and offer $1000 just to see how committed/deluded he is lol 

I am afraid he would accept, then I would be on the hook for $1000, which is still $990 dollars more than I would be comfortable spending on that book.  (I mean the holder and microchamber paper is worth a few bucks right?)

Edited by Mercury Man