• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you grade this Strange Tales #97

22 posts in this topic

That's a bummer. I'd probably call it a 4.0 at best, but if selling I would price it higher.

You may want to consider consulting a restoration professional about the possibility of having the book humidified and pressed. They may be able to remove some or perhaps all of the rippling without aqueous cleaning or disassembly.

Cheers,

-Jim

Matt Nelson offers tiered pricing for his services based on the value of the book and the extent of work to be done. Check out his web site under "Conservation" for some starting points, but this book may require a little more attention than his basic service in this category.

http://www.comicrestoration.com/

I don't know if he can remove or reduce the water damage within a "Blue label" context, but it would be worth investigating.

I agree that it could be a great book. Personally, I'd much rather own a comic that has had some work done to it and truly looks great, than to have one that makes you think "Darn! It could be so sweet, but for..."